TED NUGENT Says PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP 'Defies, Denounces And Crushes All Things Status Quo'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
During an appearance on "The Rock Brigade" podast, outspoken conservative rocker Ted Nugent spoke about his surprise appearance last fall's Donald Trump campaign rally in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The "Motor City Madman" pumped up the crowd before the then-Republican presidential candidate arrived at the event on November 6 — two days before Election Day — at Freedom Hill Amphitheater. "You probably could have closed your eyes at the beginning of the 2016 campaign, for Trump and all the other candidates, and you probably could have predicted that whoever was the GOP nominee, I would be there and I would be there on fire," Nugent told "The Rock Brigade". "And that's what I represented in Michigan, and that's why we turned an embarrassingly reliable 'bue' state into an honest-to-God, ass-kicking 'red' state, and I couldn't be more proud of that." Nugent added that "it was very cool" to have gotten the opportunity to perform at the rally with a short set that included a rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner" as well as his own "Fred Bear" and "Never Stop Believing". "To have candidate Trump reach out to me, with all the controversy that surrounds me, proves why he is the most important guy to become president, and that is that he defies, denounces and crushes all things status quo," Nugent said. "And that is why he got elected, and that is why he invited me, because he knows, especially in the state of Michigan, if you wanna obliterate the status quo, you're gonna have to call Ted Nugent." Nugent and fellow Detroit-bred rocker Kid Rock got to spend some time in the Oval Office with President Donald Trump on April 19. They were joined by Sarah Palin, the former Alaskan governor and GOP vice presidential nominee, who posted photos of the visit on social media the following morning. Nugent later told the Detroit Free Press that he and Kid Rock represent a salt-of-the-earth American demographic that helped Trump land the presidency. "Trump is swinging an American crowbar at all things status quo," Nugent said. "Does that ring any bells? Does that sound like a guitar player from Detroit who was anti-dope, pro-law enforcement, pro-gun, during the hippie days?"

Continue reading...