TED NUGENT To Release 'The Music Made Me Do It' Album In November

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ted Nugent will release his new studio album, "The Music Made Me Do It", on November 9. The follow-up to 2014's "Shutup & Jam" features Nugent alongside longtime touring bassist Greg Smith, drummer Jason Hartless and Michael Lutz. Plus, "Motown soulsister" Alyssa Simmons "sings her dangerous ass off," according to Ted. You can pre-order the disc now at TedNugent.com. The first 150 people to pre-order will receive their copy autographed by Ted himself, plus a free download of the title track. This CD/DVD set features 10 new tracks, and Ted Nugent's live performance at Freedom Hill in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The official music video for "The Music Made Me Do It" title track, filmed during the 2018 summer tour, can be seen below. "All the new songs erupted from nonstop jam sessions just like they always have, intensely inspired by my love and craving of grinding, throttling rhythm driven guitar patters and licks," Nugent told Ultimate Classic Rock. "The songtitles say it all." Nugent said he chose the album title "not only because it is the most soulful, uppity, energetic, defiant soundtrack to the American Dream, but because it is needed and celebrated now more than ever to counter punch the pathetic soulless pop drivel running amok out there!" As for the inspirations behind the music and lyrics, Nugent told Ultimate Classic Rock: "Life inspires me. Freedom inspires me. Mrs. Nugent inspires me. My dogs inspire me. Campfires inspire me. The woods inspire me. Critters inspire me. Storms inspire me. Life inspires me. I get high on air! Killer music erupts from my Gibson Byrdland on a daily basis, and grinding grooves and exciting guitar patterns have a life of their own. I love making guitar music more today than ever in my 60-plus years of jamming." CD track listing: 01. The Music Made Me Do It 02. Where Ya Gonna Run To Get Away From Yourself 03. Cocked, Locked & Ready To Rock 04. Bigfundirtygroovenoize 05. I Love Ya Too Much Baby 06. Backstrap Fever 07. I Just Wanna Go Huntin' 08. Fred Bear 09. Sunrize 10. Sunrize Fender (Fender Bass VI Solo) DVD track listing: Live At Freedom Hill, Sterling Heights MI (Feedback intro, affectionately named "Light My Campfire") 01. Star Spangled Banner 02. Baby Please Don't Go 03. Free-For-All 04. Gonzo 05. Paralyzed 06. Wang Dang Sweet Poon Tang 07. Good Friends (Blues Jam, affectionately named "Blues On The Grill") 08. I Need You Bad 09. Hey Baby 10. I Still Believe 11. Fred Bear 12. Motor City Madhouse 13. Cat Scratch Fever 14. Stranglehold 15. Don't Tread On Me 16. Great White Buffalo
tednugentthemusicmademedoitcover.jpg

Continue reading...