Ted's vocals have been compared to Steve Walsh's....

StocktontoMalone

The Cynical Realist
Dec 12, 2002
Tiverton, RI
Visit site
I was wondering since this has been the case......was Kansas an influence?

Kansas is my all-time favorite band. A band that hardly ever gets any ink, props....etc.

Walsh is probably my number 1 vocalist just ahead of Steve Perry, and Ronnie James Dio.....

So I think this is what draws me to Enchant, and Ted's vocal stylings.

Albums like Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, Masque, and Kansas were the ones that really made an impression on me.....Livgren's lyrics spoke to me in a lot of ways, as well as Peart's - but more with Kerry's.

The arrangements, and the time changes were glorious, and Robby's violins were a definite enhancement to the overall compositions.

I kinda lost track when Steve left for Streets and they stumbled on with Elefante. Then Kerry left and it was sad. Then Morse joined, Robby left, Hope had already left, and Billy Greer and David Ragsdale stepped in. By then Walsh was back and his voice was SHOT.

THEN - they released Somewhere to Elsewhere, and KERRY WAS BACK!

Anyway, I digress.....KANSAS deserves better than to be forgotten, and I just wondered if anyone was into them....

o_O

Kansas is one of my all time favorite bands. I also think that they are under-rated by many people.

As a teenager I heard Carry on Wayward Son on the radio and promptly went out and purchased Masque and Song for America. Shortly after that, Point of Know Return came out and I was privileged to see them on that tour!! (interesting line-up, The Cars played first then Thin Lizzy then Kansas. Shortly after that I got Two for the Show which soon came out and the original "Kansas" album. Then of course, I grabbed Monolith and Audiovisions. Similar to you, the loss of Livgren devastated me.

I think that Ted could easily step in for Walsh. His vocals are now so fried, it's sad. The first time I heard Enchant, it was like hearing Steve Walsh 30 years ago on vocals ... but even better!!

I have had conversations witht he Kansas camp more than a few times as well as Kerrys other group Protokaw about gigs with us, supporting etc.

I always thought it would be awesome to have Ted up there with Steve togather. He is well aware of Ted as are the others and from what I have heard they are also fans of our band, our idols. I am there too as a huge fan, Ted loves Kansas always has, he does have a lot of Paul Rogers soulful tones as well which I have always thought makes a great combo.

Teds voice is actually very unique as is his overall approach and style. He is working on another solo project which is going to be amazing.

You wil all love it.

I have had conversations witht he Kansas camp more than a few times as well as Kerrys other group Protokaw about gigs with us, supporting etc.

I always thought it would be awesome to have Ted up there with Steve togather. He is well aware of Ted as are the others and from what I have heard they are also fans of our band, our idols. I am there too as a huge fan, Ted loves Kansas always has, he does have a lot of Paul Rogers soulful tones as well which I have always thought makes a great combo.

Teds voice is actually very unique as is his overall approach and style. He is working on another solo project which is going to be amazing.

You wil all love it.

Can't wait:worship: