Teen takes car on 300-mile test drive

Oct 22, 2002
Venezuela
Visit site
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060405...02n0Yqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3NW1oMDRpBHNlYwM3NTc-

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A test drive meant more than just a spin around the block for a New Zealand teen-ager who took a car he was considering buying on a 312-mile drive.

Police in Timaru, about 62 miles southwest of Christchurch, said the 16-year-old boy returned the car after taking it on the lengthy test drive over the weekend.

The boy will not face any charges as the owner did not stipulate any conditions for the test drive, police said on Wednesday.

Chevrolet had a promotion (i'm not sure if they do it now) a few years ago where you could test drive a car for a weekend or something like that. I thought that was pretty sweet, I don't know what the terms or conditions were though.

TheSeldomlaid said:
I read about a guy who was caught speeding on NZ. When the police pulled him over, it turned out he didn't have any arms.

Hhaha, funny that - it was in our local paper (I live where it happened)

He was doing 130 in a like a 70 steering with 1 foot and using the other for the pedals... he said he had been doing it for 10 years and never had a problem ahhaha