Tell me if I'm being stuid...

Thirsty of Sin

New Metal Member
Aug 13, 2002
São Paulo, Brazil
Visit site
Well, I believe Anathema is such a great band, but all their talent are hidden, I don't know why... I can't blame the producer or the label, well, maybe the label... but... I believe "A vision of a dying embrace" shows how great this band is performing live, but I think they forgot it... Why don't they release a new video?
I live in Brazil and I know I'll never see a promo video on MTV here because all they buy is american shit, but there are so many songs with the potential to become a "short movie", like
-one last goodbye
-anyone anywhere
-temporary peace
-alternative 4... and so many others... but, "where's the money in all of that?" yeah, they're not a commercial band, but that's not the reason to "abandon" the fans if I may say that...
I think it's about time for a new live performance, VHS, DVD and CD. What do you think?

Well, i think they wanted to release a Live DVD earlier this year, but it didn't come to this because the material was to bad in their eyes. Well, everything's better than searching for those goddamn bootlegs, hehe, so i would appreciate a live DVD,CD etc., but we'll have to wait till their next album is done, methinks.

Yes, but a live dvd of a great gig can still be amazing and better than a bootleg from the same concert. Just watch Depeche Modes One Night in Paris :OMG: Great use of surrounds and beautifully shot performance, excellent! Now that's the way they should do for example Anathema live dvd!!

Originally posted by Strangelight
Bootlegs are best anyway. More realistic.

well you might be right with this, but you also need to get bootlegs in a good quality too. Without turning to the highest volume level to hear anything, without constant screaming people doin their best to ruin the recording, and another bad point is that you just have to find them, and i realized that it can be hard to do that. An official release you just need to pay in your local store and that's it. So both have their pros and cons.
I like bootlegs too, but i find it hard to get some.

cheers

Heheh, I will recieve a bootleg next week, from Anathema in Biebob, Vosselaar (Belgium) 2001. That's very cool cos I was there and I've been searching quite a long time to find someone on internet who has it.
Now the only thing I'm still really looking for is Iced Earth in Antwerp 2002.... I saw someone filming the whole concert, but can't find anything on the internet.