Tell me what you think of this mix, insane acoustic drum orgy, MESA Mk IIC+ Etc......

Hey dude, i think the cymbals could use some more air in the top end, maybe add a slight shelf from like 10-12k up just to give them a sharper glassier sound i guess haha! great mix though!

Kris

Really nice mix! The drums sounded REALLLLY good, except i agree with adding a tad of air on the cymbals. They sound great but a little bit of 'sparkle' would be nice on em. Song was really cool, but I didnt like the vocalist much.

it sounds good overall, but i kinda feel like the drums are a bit tubby. they have a "dubbadubba" kinda sound to them. i´d do a tiny little bit of lowering in the mids (low mids?). then i´d add a teeny bit of presence and do a teeny bit of manhattan compression. all of them very carefully of course.

Nice to hear some acoustic kicks for a change.... I'm so used to hearing sample/replacement kicks, its a really refreshing change. Nice snap without it sounding "plastic-ey"

Toms aren't my bag... sounds like a tuning/mic placement issue to me. What was the mic?

Rhythm tone is a little wimpy as well... what was the cabinet?

Thanks for the comments guys,

The toms were miked with Sennheiser e604's and a 57 on one, since we only had 4 604s and there are 5 toms..

The cab is a 80s Mesa cab with 2 V30s and 2 Celestion Black shadows I think. It's a deep cab with optional half-back which I always leave closed. I'm not really going for a modern ultra-thick guitar tone so pretty happy with what we've got here...