Tenacious D July 7th Agora Ballroom

It's a comedy act. Duh. Get fucked.

So-Sensitive-1.jpeg

Tenacious D did get one really quickly. I did think it was funny at first but after a couple of listens to the CD, a couple of watches through the show, and then a movie that was pretty much the same joke has the show it was then over for me.
But I'nn never forget that morning opening the record store with Matt on the day the first album came out. Matt put on the CD and neither one of us I had heard it before, when the line "Dio has rocked for a long long time" kicked in we were like "did he say Dio?" We tripped over that song. Honestly who would have expected it anyway. Bear in mind Dio wasn't such a hip thing at the time. But nonetheless the D became old.
I much prefer Flight of the Conchords anyway.

I've never been a big follower of comedy/parody groups. Spinal Tap's the best of the bunch when it comes to rock/metal. For comedy groups I dig Flight of the Conchords but my favorite is The Arrogant Worms, because they take the piss outta everything, instead of just poking fun at rock and roll.

I've never been a big follower of comedy/parody groups. Spinal Tap's the best of the bunch when it comes to rock/metal. For comedy groups I dig Flight of the Conchords but my favorite is The Arrogant Worms, because they take the piss outta everything, instead of just poking fun at rock and roll.

I just see it as with most comedy, after a couple of laughs it loses its appeal. Spinal tap and films like A Mighty Wind I can go back to. Tenacious D, well Jack Black is extremely annoying, a one trick pony.

I'll admit I do like the first Tenacious D album. I feel they ran out of ideas quickly after that one though. Spinal Tap will always be the best metal parody.