Tenet

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I'm not sure if these guys have been discussed on here, if so, I appologize - but this is a band I just found out about and thought I'd share.

The lineup:
Jed Simon - guitars (SYL, Zimmer's Hole)
Steve "Zetro" Souza - vocals (Exodus, Testament)
Gene Hoglan - drums (in every band that has ever been, or at least seems like it)
Glen Alvelais - guitars (Testament, Forbidden)
Byron Stroud - bass (SYL, Fear Factory)

So you can probably guess from the lineup, it's a balls-out thrash sound.

They have a song on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/tenetforce

Check 'em out, I'll defintely be picking this up when it comes out (which happens to be on my b-day) on the 11th of August.

I've had the album for a while now (got the promo from Century Media), and I really think it's awesome. It's a very aggressive thrash metal album with a lot of "balls" to it, and Zetro sings his heart out on this one. Very different from how he usually sings in Exodus, but interesting enough this "aggressive" (almost death metal style) fits his voice really well. The music is somewhere between classic thrash metal and a more death'y version. Kind of like Dark Angel meets Exodus meets mid/late 90's Testament meets Obituary :)

I've had the album for a while now (got the promo from Century Media), and I really think it's awesome. It's a very aggressive thrash metal album with a lot of "balls" to it, and Zetro sings his heart out on this one. Very different from how he usually sings in Exodus, but interesting enough this "aggressive" (almost death metal style) fits his voice really well. The music is somewhere between classic thrash metal and a more death'y version. Kind of like Dark Angel meets Exodus meets mid/late 90's Testament meets Obituary :)

Nice! Now I'm even more interested to check this out when it is released.

I just listened to what is up on their myspace page. Really good stuff, I'll definitely be picking this up when it's released on Aug 11th.

This really sounds like it should rule. I heard the deejays for the progressive metal show on KGRG (Wed. nights, they're based near Seattle) mention "Tenet" when they played some Devin Townsend and were enumerating Gene Hoglan's many bands, but I wasn't sure what they meant. Now I do. :headbang: