Terry Butler

D

dorkyporky

I'm still dying to see a Terry Butler-forum at ultimate metal, the man is a basslegend !

Here's some records/bands he played on/with :
Death-Leprosy
Death-Spiritual Healing
Massacre
Six Feet Under.

I never thought Terry Butler was good at all....just kinda hangs on the guitar lines alot. And he was involved in Six Feet Under, which is an automatic strike against him...:p

Yeah, I read a SFU interview with him. He was saying that, even though he played in Death, he was more proud of his work with SFU.

WTF?? :lol:

Let's see......

Death - ground breaking, helped to create death metal, really complex, worshipped by everybody....

SFU - generic, 2-riffs-per-song, slow, boring, laughed at by everyone except Chris Barnes fans.......

hmmmm, go figure.......
I like some SFU songs, but really. I always figured those guys would get super bored touring with that stuff, but apparently not. Ah well, they're doing something they love, so I really shouldn't criticise ;)

Oh wait. Yes I should :lol:

Yeah, I don't think Terry Butler is that great. He was on the more simplistic Death albums(music-wise), anyway. And SFU is so *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*.

Terry Butler just plays what should be played. All the others are overplaying to show off... trust me, Terry's the man.

Yeah Terry Butler is quite simplistic. Never did anything to stand out really. What he does works for what he plays, but there are bassists out there that would make him put his bass down in shame.

Terrence (Geezer) Butler - He is superb. I'm a Sabbath freak so I guess I am more partial to his playing.

You can spend your life trying to outdo others by being faster, or more technical or whatever, but in the end, who'll "win" ? Music isn't a competition, it's just about writing catchy songs.

Those who write killer tunes and Keep It Simple Stupid.

Terry's the man.

Amen.

Originally posted by dorkyporky
You can spend your life trying to outdo others by being faster, or more technical or whatever, but in the end, who'll "win" ? Music isn't a competition, it's just about writing catchy songs.

Those who write killer tunes and Keep It Simple Stupid.

Terry's the man.

Amen.

Sure :rolleyes:

Terry Butler is not just mediocre, he's bad. After years of giving Chuck Schuldiner shit, Chuck came out and said he had to play a lot of the basslines on Spirtual, because Terry just wasn't good enough. And all the members of SFU should kill themselves. Two power chords per song gets old in a hurry to everyone except their simple minded fans. You like Terry Butler because he's played on albums you like, not because he's a brought anything to those bands.

stop buying my jokes... especially when they're over a year old.

Terry is a pure asshole, and a terrible bassist, I could have done a better job than him on those albums. I saw a real old performance of Pull The Plug with Terry once, and he was sloppy beyond all hell

If you want a bass player who adds to the song and doesn't show off, check out Tony Levin...

...as for this Terry Butler, fellow... you should be worshipped because you strive to be nothing more than average? I don't really get it.