TESTAMENT Is 'Shooting For' New Album To Sound Like 'The Gathering', Says CHUCK BILLY

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Vocalist Chuck Billy of San Francisco Bay Area metallers TESTAMENT was recently interviewed by Shor Bazaar, Pakistan's first international artist management services. You can now listen to the chat using the SoundCloud widget below.Asked about the progress of the songwriting sessions for TESTAMENT's follow-up to 2012's "Dark Roots Of Earth", Billy said: "Well, we're working on it now, and we don't know until it's always complete, but we've kind of talked about what we would hope it would be. And I think [I would like it to sound along the lines of 1999's] 'The Gathering', because 'The Gathering', for me, was such a turnaround record for the band. I think we really found our style and place, and the songs on that, to me, are probably gonna be some songs that stand the test of time, for sure. I think, 'cause we started experimenting with blast beats and a different style of guitar rhythms and picking on the guitars, it was different for us, and I really like where that went. So we hope that's where it all kind of ends up, and that's what we're shooting for."TESTAMENT in January announced the departure of bassist Greg Christian and return of Steve DiGiorgio."Dark Roots Of Thrash", a DVD/2CD release documenting TESTAMENT's sold-out headlining performance at the Paramount in Huntington, New York in February 2013, was made available on October 18, 2013 (Europe) and October 29, 2013 (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records. "Dark Roots Of Thrash" was produced by Get Hammered Productions, directed by Tommy Jones (DEATH ANGEL, KATAKLYSM, SOILWORK) and mixed by Juan Urteaga (VILE, EXODUS, SADUS, MACHINE HEAD). Billy is a partner in Breaking Bands LLC, a new management company made up of renowned industry veterans, Adrenaline PR CEO Maria Ferrero, former Megaforce Records and Crazed Management owners Jon and Marsha Zazula. Breaking Bands LLC is currently representing legendary Bay Area thrash metal band EXODUS, as well as Texas heavy metal newcomers SHATTERED SUN and California alt pop artist FORREST DAY.

More...