Testament signing at Zavvi Store - London, 6/17/08

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
Testament will be signing copies of their new CD "The Formation Of Damnation" at the Zavvi Store in London, England.

When: June 17th, 2008 at 6:00pm
Where: Zavvi (formerly Virgin Megastore)
Oxford Street
Westminster, London, UK

Zavvi

I reached the store at 5:30pm and went to the first floor where I was directed to a corridor to wait for the band 'in the shadows'. I was surprised to find out that there were not many people. I was expecting fans to be there in the hundreds. I don't think there were more than fifty people.

The band arrived promply at 6pm. They all looked fresh. Eric and Greg were the most enthusiastic and excited. Paul looked a bit out of it...as if his mind was somewhere else.

The embarrassing bit for me was not having the new album to sign but that did not seem to bother the guys. I congratulated them on winning the Metal Hammer Awards. I also brought my Savatage albums 'Handful Of Rain' and 'Japan Live 98' for Alex to sign. I thanked him for helping out Savatage at such a difficult time. He was touched and showed it by putting his hand on his heart and said "Thank you."

All the while, my CD booklets and DVD case were passed from band member to band member to be signed; which reminds me of a factory conveyor belt!

The last person I talked to was Chuck. I told him that one of the best gigs I've seen was Testament playing the Islington Academy. That gig was not only good by the set list but also by the incredible crystal clear CD quality like sound. We ended our conversation by Chuck saying that Testament will be back in London in February 2009! I can't wait for that gig!

It went a bit too quickly as we were encouraged by security guards to leave the floor as soon as we were done meeting the band. Despite the brief encounter, it was a pleasant evening that I won't forget so soon.

As promised, below are some pictures of the event. I've customized them to have a Zaavi feel. Enjoy!

testament1.jpg

testament2.jpg

testament3.jpg

testament4.jpg

testament5.jpg

testament6.jpg

^ No I didn't. I wanted to go to the Metal Hammer Awards but unfortunately I couldn't find information anywhere as to where to obtain tickets. So I made up for it by going to the signing session.

Too bad you weren't able to get tickets, hopefully you will see them the next time they playing in London....but...it's cool that you got to meet them at the signing session. :)