Testament's Eric Peterson takes shot at Anthrax

ERIC SAYS: "Just being consistent and sticking to your blueprint. It's easy when other bands come into the scene that are like a whole new different style to go, 'I wanna be like that now!' But we have a following and we've got to be like, 'This is how we are!' It's very important that you stick to your guns. When you're a thrash band, it's not a good idea to add rap, or start wearing trippy clothes — the fans can see right through that crap."

..i do believe ANTHRAX never said they are/were a THRASH metal band....

I'm more interested in this line
"Just being consistent and sticking to your blueprint. It's easy when other bands come into the scene that are like a whole new different style to go, 'I wanna be like that now!'
...Anthrax and their Pantera fetish came into mind...

"When you're a thrash band, it's not a good idea to add rap, or start wearing trippy clothes — the fans can see right through that crap."

I love Anthrax, but I can't disagree with that.

if you like metal, it is not a good idea to walk around without black and white paint in your face.

if you like metal, it is not a good idea to drink anything but beer.

if you like metal, it is not a good idea to refrain from eating bats, and please start with the head.

if you like metal ... [enter here ]

... with all the respect to Testament (I am a big fan, especially the last two albums): how narrow-minded can one be? or was it just a joke?

Anthrax did start wearing stupid grunge clothing. Bush tried to look like Eddie Vedder. They changed their sound to be more like what was "in" at the time. Though a few people liked that era I would say the majority of thrash fans that followed Anthrax from the beginning lost interest in them. I am included in that group.

Testament has a much bigger catalog of quality thrash albums than Anthrax does. I think testament is the best thrash band ever..well unless you consider Slayer thrash :devil:

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif