that catholic guilt got to me again

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
we went out to dinner for my Dad's birthday tonight at the Rainforest cafe at the WestFarms mall. I was looking at a lot of the chicken dinners and sandwiches and such but found myself ordering the "natural" burger aka meatless as it was Good Friday.

i have to say it was one of my better excursions into the world of veggie cuisine right up there with the tempe burger i had once at the haymarket cafe in northampton. it had this sauce on it that made it taste almost like a big mac just without the nasty greasy aftertaste and the sickness it leaves behind in your stomach afterwards.

also does anyone else ever see today's teenagers walking around the mall aimlessly with despondent looks on their faces and wonder if you looked that sad and pathetic when you were a teenager walking around the mall aimlessly with despondent looks on your face? because i certainly do.

i looked totally cool when i was a teenager walking around in all black and metalshirts and long pants even in the summer. also, my somewhat alex skolnick inspired bleached hair streak rokked.

well, the thing is, on the menu board at two places i get it, it has listed both bubbletea AND tea (with pearls). with different prices. ?

and firedwarf what did you find disgusting about it? i actually get the tea infrequently because it has milk in it (bleh) but i gotta get 2-4 boba-filled slushes per week (at five bucks a pop). mango, honeydew, lychee, thai-iced-tea, taro, peach...

ok, i officially want one right now.

They cost $5 where you live? The highest price around here is $3.75. In the area where I go, which is right by the University of Washington there are at least 10 places to get bubble tea. I tend to stick to one in particular because they don't hate white people like most of the others.
You can't get bubble tea without milk? That's lame.

they're like $4.50, based on what sort you get...like, the honey is really expensive ($3.50) because it's real honey and of course I always get the big size (+$0.50) and pearls (+$0.50). cmon, it's boston.

but about five blocks away is a smaller place with maybe 1/5th as many different flavors but prices about a buck less. so if i want taro or passionfruit i actually have gone there before.

all the tea i see is made with milk...maybe i could ask for it without, but i gotta catch one of the good anglophones rather than the mean, snappy guy who has gotten my order wrong twice because of a very obvious language barrier.