That sure sucks...

Larf03

Like a rock
From Cannibal Corpse.net

2004-05-03 - Jack Owen
"After 15 years with Cannibal Corpse, I've decided to leave the group. My heart just wasn't in it anymore, and it was reflected in my appearance on stage. Times change, and I just don't enjoy the music as much as I used to, and the only thing keeping me in the band was steady work, and the pay. These things makes it unfair to myself, my band members, and especially the fans. I'd like to thank all the members of Cannibal Corpse, past and present, for sharing in the conquest of an entire genre of music. I wish the band continued success...

I would especially like to thank the fans for being there for 15 years. Without you, I wouldn't have made it this far. Your dedication to death metal is unbelievable.

I am going to continue in music, of course, with Adrift. I'd like to thank them for their patience and understanding, and support of my decision. We will meet again, I'm sure..

Cheers,
Jack Owen

:sad:

Well it wasn't totally unexpected. He got tired of playing mainly one kind of music and wanted to branch out as a musician. Although he did have side projects, you'd think at least they'd keep him happy and occupied with different genres.
I guess now it'll be interesting to see who CC will pick to replace him, won't be too hard to find a strong guitarist, almost everybody would kill to be in CC. The main players in the band are Alex and Paul IMO, with Pat being a great musician as well so I hope this won't be too great of a loss and I wanna see them hit it off well with the new guy and I'm curious about how they'll progress in the future.

your sentences are fragmented, you have just repeated...what the rest said or are saying...

you are stupid!!

Owen is just saying that genre is stonewalled.....he knows when to jump ship!!!

rebvirth said:
your sentences are fragmented, you have just repeated...what the rest said or are saying...

you are stupid!!

Owen is just saying that genre is stonewalled.....he knows when to jump ship!!!

What the hell are you talking about? The Death metal scene has never produced anything as near as today's quality!!!

Death metal has become such a high quality music, how can it be stonewalled???

Okay well Owen is a great guitarist and great guy and everything but if after 15 years in CC, he feels like he'd rather be in a mainstream rock band than one of the best bands death metal has to offer then adios big guy don't let the door hit you on the way out. If his quitting the band also means that CC will look for a new guitarist who will maybe bring a couple of new fresh ideas into the band, then that's great too. It will only suck if the rest of CC jump ship too.

Guerrilla said:
Okay well Owen is a great guitarist and great guy and everything but if after 15 years in CC, he feels like he'd rather be in a mainstream rock band than one of the best bands death metal has to offer then adios big guy don't let the door hit you on the way out. If his quitting the band also means that CC will look for a new guitarist who will maybe bring a couple of new fresh ideas into the band, then that's great too. It will only suck if the rest of CC jump ship too.

Can't argue here...

Hey Will.... Apply for the job ;)

You'd be a fool if you didn't wanna play guitar for Corpse. You know how many incredibly hot chicks go to their shows? They got the hottest female fans. And you know they'll all just let you do weird shit to them hahaha.

Of course I am I kill kittens. Come on now, don't tell me you're not kinky like that yourself, you look very kinky in those leather pants and everything.