That's some anger there....

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
From Blabbermouth:

I had never seen them live, and I wish it stayed that way.

Tonight`s concert was the worst concert I have ever been to. And I`ve easily been to 200+ concerts.

They didnt play a SINGLE FUCKING CLASSIC! The oldest song of the set was Warriors of the World, and whoever had expectations of anything outside of the box, due to the 12-year-absence, was just as frustrated as I was.

It was the first time I`ve ever seen the crowd BOO a band as they leave the stage. Not a single happy face as I left the venue. All we saw was people agreeing that they had just witnessed a collective waste of time and money. There was a dude burning his ticket. Some other people were wearing their Manowar T-shirts inside out.

Oh, and the tickets were around US$150. Fuck you, Manowar. If you plan on coming back to play those new shitty songs again, dont bother. We`ll be way better off listening to Hell on Wheels, or Hell on Earth.

Had big expectations for tonight. You crushed them. Manowar-style.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=139736

$150 for Manowar? Wow. All of PPUSA cost me that much!

Warriors of the World is the only Manowar album I know, but it had some great tunes. I could not imagine spending anything close to that.

For christ sakes, KISS is only $120, and you actually get the classics (sans Psycho Circus)!

Call to Arms
Warriors of the World

Cool, so that would cost me $75 per song I want to hear.

Friend of me was at a Manowar concert last week and had exact the same feelings I think...
Setlist there ;

Hand of Doom
Call to Arms
Swords in the Wind
Solo Karl
Let The Gods Decide
Die For Metal
The Sons of Odin
Sleipnir
Screams of Death
Solo do Joey
God or Man
Loki
Thunder In The Sky
Warriors of the World
House of Death
King of Kings
Army of the Dead

It's funny how DeMaio made the guy take off his Maiden shirt on stage.

Especially since Maiden shits all over Manowar(don't get your panties in a bunch because I still like some of their stuff too).

Since when does Manowar command $150 tickets? That's what's amazing about that Blabbermouth note.
The fact that they didn't play any classics means that they really overestimate the worth of their current material.

Friend of me was at a Manowar concert last week and had exact the same feelings I think...
Setlist there ;

Hand of Doom
Call to Arms
Swords in the Wind
Solo Karl
Let The Gods Decide
Die For Metal
The Sons of Odin
Sleipnir
Screams of Death
Solo do Joey
God or Man
Loki
Thunder In The Sky
Warriors of the World
House of Death
King of Kings
Army of the Dead

I personally would have loved this setlist :) people can run em into the ground if need be ... and granted I would not pay $150 for any single band no matter how much I like em, but I LOVE Manowar and have a very deep respect for them, they were a becon of light in my darkest hour

On a semi-related news. Aerosmith is gonna play here again next month (first time was 1994 or so), the most expensive (diamond) tickets are been charge $277 USD...
d055.gif

I'd be on the fence paying $25 to see Aerosmith nowadays. 20 years ago would be a different story...