THAUROROD Parts Ways With Singer, Announces Replacement

mtlhd001

Nov 17, 2007
From Blabbermouth:

Finnish epic power metallers THAUROROD have parted ways with vocalist Markku Kuikka and have replaced him with former VISION DIVINE singer Michele Luppi (pictured below).

Commented THAUROROD in a statement: "Markku left the band during our last tour we did with SABATON and ALESTORM and we had to finish the tour with a replacement singer.

"The reasons why Markku is not in the band anymore is his lack of abilities to perform and to make the show that we absolutely want to give to the audiences that comes to see us on stage. We need to continue with a guy who can make audience go crazy every single night!!!

"We are looking very much forward to our future shows and Power Of Metal tour with Michele! Come to give this Italian gentleman a warm welcome! We already played a show in Nosturi, Helsinki with him and it felt absolutely great to share stage with him!

"Sorry for it took so long to make this announcement about the vocalist situation as there have been a lot of speculation because we finished the last tour with a different vocalist than who is singing on the album. We just wanted to take the time to find the best possible singer for the band first and then announce the news.

"At the moment THAUROROD is composing new material for the second studio album. More updates on this will be posted in coming months."

THAUROROD's "Warrior's Heart" video can be viewed below. The song comes off the band's debut album, "Upon Haunted Battlefields", which was released in Europe on September 24 via NoiseArt Records and Rock The Nation.

THAUROROD is:

Michele Luppi - Vocals
Emil Pohjalainen - Guitar
Lasse Nyman - Guitar
Pasi Tanskanen - Bass
Emmi Taipale - Keyboard
Joonas Pykälä-aho - Drums

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/thaurorodtheband.

Well having witnessed the band supporting Sabaton, I can very much vouch for the fact that the previous singer could not perform the songs at a good enough level live and was holding the band back unfortunately. Getting Michele Luppi is a huge step in the right direction!

Well thats not a bad thing, Markku is way better in Status Minor and does a damn good job with Gronholm as well. I really didnt like Thaurorod from what I have heard, getting kind of tired of same ol same ol power metal anyways.

Bear