THE ACACIA STRAIN Surprise-Releases New Album, 'It Comes In Waves'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
THE ACACIA STRAIN has released a new album titled "It Comes In Waves". The effort is now available for streaming, download or purchase via Closed Casket Activites. The follow-up to 2017's "Gravebloom" was recorded in the spring of 2019 and was mixed and mastered by Steve Seid of Graphic Nature Audio. The cover art was created by MFAXII. "It Comes In Waves" track listing: 01. Our (3:44) 02. Only (2:43) 03. Sin (3:59) 04. Was (5:45) 05. Giving (2:54) 06. Them (2:19) 07. Names (8:47) Asked in a 2018 interview with Distorted Sound if he feels THE ACACIA STRAIN fans have a certain expectation of what new material should sound like, vocalist Vincent Bennett said: "I feel like at this point in any band's career that the fans are going to expect one thing and since they have expectations that they are going to be upset that their expectations aren’t met. Everybody always wants a new version of an old album, and that's too much pressure to put on a band. I mean, we've already [written] 'Continent', so why would we wanna do that again? We just wanna move forward, and a lot of people are, like, 'We need more breakdowns,' or, 'We need less breakdowns,' and no one ever agrees what they want. We write for ourselves and if people like it, that's great." Regarding where THE ACACIA STRAIN's main source of creativity comes from, considering all of the band's lineup changes, Vincent said: "I think the changes in lineup have been a blessing, because people [were] kinda get burnt out. Bringing in new people who are already fans of the band know what they want to hear and do and they have something to prove and it's a fresh head in the mix. If it's feeling kinda stale, and if you get someone new, they are, like, 'Well what if we do this?' and everybody's in agreement. It's a very democratic writing process — everyone has something to say — and it's really helped us to stay fresh."

Continue reading...