The Accolades (I & II) Medley???

Isaac_de_Moorea

Silent Member
Mar 24, 2011
Phlegheton, 7th Circle of Hell
Hi there!

I have a little question for those who can help...

When I heard for the very first time "Accolade II", I was a little dissappointed because I felt it wasn´t a "colorful" enough sequel to such a great song. But time passed by, and now I like it a lot, especially the solos section.

So...

I was thinking recently that I have seen on this forum some references to a live "Accolade Medley"... Does it really exist? And if it does... How is it? It´s so great as it could be? Can you give some details? :D

I have seen SX live just once and they didn´t play it... and I´m preety sure that in the upcoming tour, if they came near my country, it has very few chances to being played, So I don´t know if I will be able to hear it then.

I just needed to ask, curiosity is almost killing me!

Thanks;)

I've only seen them play it once, and it was in March of 2003 (MJR's birthday, in fact). I believe they only played it on this post-Odyssey support tour, but I could be wrong.

It was my first time seeing the band, so everything they did sounded awesome. From what I remember about the medley, it was composed of the original Accolade up until right after the second chorus, when they segued into Accolade II's intro (when the whole band kicks in). They then proceeded to play all of Accolade II. I thought it was interesting how they decided to mesh the two songs together for a live performance, and if they ever play these songs again (which looks doubtful given their recent direction) I'm assuming they will follow this formula.