The ADAGIO & PINK CREAM 69 connection

hunter

Mar 13, 2004
ADAGIO was a surprise announcement this year. But I'm curious if anyone has heard lead singer, David Readman's, other band - Pink Cream 69.
I just "discovered" them this week and I'm kickin' myself for not hearing about them earlier. PC69 is exactly the kind of melodic metal band I've been starving for. :yell:
David's voice is excellent and the song writing is so cool and catchy.

Everyone should really check them out. And listen to samples of their new album: Thunderdome. I think it's their best one yet!
Pink Cream 69 website

Dude, in my opinion PC 69 blows away Adagio, but that's prolly cos they have one of the best melodic rock albums ever with Electrified. ;) seriously though, yea PC 69 kicks so much ass its not even funny. I have all their cd's except for Change which is hard as hell to find. I remember hearing Electrified for the first time and I thought the same exact thing as you did, "This is exactly what I've been craving for so long and I didnt even know it!" I played that album oh god, probably a hundred times that summer.

Ben

Oakenson said:
The name turns me off to where I won't even look into them :p
Man if I said that about half the bands I listened to I would never hear all the good music I have heard. That is a very ignorant thing to say in my opinion.

Bear:loco:

Bear said:
Man if I said that about half the bands I listened to I would never hear all the good music I have heard. That is a very ignorant thing to say in my opinion.

Bear:loco:
I agree. Such a simpleton way of thinking. I can't tell you how many Monty Python jokes I hear every time I tell people about KAMELOT (and quickly dismissing/ignoring them as a band). Really, if you think about the names of bands these days....

Lost Horizon
Brainstorm
Tarot
Twilightning
Lullacry
Epica
etc.

Pretty silly if you ask me, but their music is what's important.

Man I'm brinign all the PC 69 cds I have with Readman plus Im gonna sport my Electrified tour shirt to the preparty. I also have a Change tour shirt but its fucking bright as hell orange and like a super small on me and I also have a Games People Play all over. I need to hunt down Change before the show.

Ben

The band name kept me away from them for years until I heard some of their stuff. Now I have all their CDs with DR on vocals. The best melodic rock/metal band out there IMO, with the best melodic rock vocalist (DR) - hands down.

I don't know why people here say they dismissed the band PINK CREAM 69 when you've got legends like Pink Floyd whom virtually everybody knows by name. Pink is cool.

I love Pink Cream 69. I have all their CDs, and even flew to Germany to see them in November 2000. I was lucky enough to find Change in a store in Germany. I didn't know it was out of print, and I guess it had been sitting there for quite a while.

The band name isn't what matters; the music is.