THE AGONIST Pays Tribute To DAVID BOWIE With 'The Man Who Fell To Earth' Song

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The official lyric video for "The Man Who Fell To Earth", a new song from Montreal, Quebec, Canada-based melodic death metallers THE AGONIST, can be seen below. The track is taken from the band's latest album, "Five", which was released on September 30 via and Napalm Records. The CD was recorded with producer Mike Plotnikoff, who has previously worked with BUCKCHERRY, OTEP, HALESTORM, DROWNING POOL, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, 3 DOORS DOWN, FEAR FACTORY, FLYLEAF and SKILLET, among others. Regarding the inspiration for "The Man Who Fell To Earth", THE AGONIST guitarist Danny Marino said: "When the news broke this year of David Bowie's death, it hit me pretty hard. Especially because of how his last album, 'Blackstar', turned into more than just a new record but a swan song of an artist still breaking boundaries even today. "I had an instrumental that I knew was outside the box for THE AGONIST and felt I could make this a Bowie dedication. "I used a lyric-writing method called 'cut-ups' that I had heard Bowie himself used. It is when you find books or magazines surrounding the topic you are writing about and cut out individual words, and rearrange them until it starts to form a story. I used album reviews of his last album that were written before it was known he was dying. In the end, the result comes out as a eulogy to be read at his funeral. I'm really happy with the dark vibe we achieved in studio with this one." "Five" track listing: 01. The Moment 02. The Chain 03. The Anchor and The Sail 04. The Game 05. The Ocean 06. The Hunt 07. The Raven Eyes 08. The Wake 09. The Resurrection 10. The Villain 11. The Pursuit of Emptiness 12. The Man Who Fell to Earth 13. The Trial 14. Take Me to Church (HOZIER cover) (bonus edition only)
theagonistfivealbum.jpg

Continue reading...