The Air I Breathe - Great Faith in Fools

I do not like this guys screams at all. Music's ok and cleans as well but yeesh those screams are ruining it for me. Too breathy but that's personal taste imho

These guys killed live when I saw them, it was at a crap venue with horrid sound yet managed to put an insane show. Guitars are just insane.

Another new song

I really like the glitchy/stutter effects and the fact that the guitarists obviously have skill rather than just 'chugging.

lots of shred and nintendo-esque material in there

care to elaborate by what you mean by 'nintendo-esque' ? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started listening to them. The only similarity I see these guys with Miss May I are the singing parts. These dudes can fucking shred. Wade did awesome. Joey's mixing obviously is why it sounds solid.

This whole album is really good! I've been wondering if this is Sturgis's work because it sounds like it but you never know. So freaking powerful.

And yeah. I saw the Miss May I connection too but I have to admit. I might like this one a bit more. The Air I breathe has some really cool technical riffs that catch my attention.

Meh, band is ok. Nothing special at all though. Some of the guitar parts are pretty cool, reminds a bit of Within The Ruins. Glitchy bits remind of Woe Is Me. Vocals arnt my thing.

I dont know what it is about the mix/master but I'm not really feeling it. Don't get me wrong its good, but not the best.

On the song "Deliverance" at 0:04, that first hit is like a truck impacting a wall. Anyone else think it is slightly "too" loud a la clipping?

Not that it spoils the song at all, tis fucking awesome, just wondered if anyone else had noticed it.

Definately not 100% my type, the a-la-Within The Ruins parts saved it for me. But damn, that bass. If only I could achieve to be happy about my bass tone. At least once. Dammit...