The Algorithm - Brute Force

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Since I kinda regret not sharing Widek when I found his music last year, so I'll forward this guy on. He certainly sounds interesting and is worth further investigation.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=121788

The Algorithm Premieres "Pointers" Music Video
posted Mar 9 2016 at 1:30 AM by xFiruath. (1 Comment)

The_Algorithm_photo.jpg

Band Photo: The Algorithm (?)

The brainchild of French DJ/producer/guitarist Rémi Gallego, The Algorithm infuses modern metal riffs and rhythms with a menagerie of electronic sub-genres such as IDM, trance and trap, concocting his own style of fiercely heavy and individual music. Quite simply, The Algorithm smashes genres like The Hulk smashes everything.

Gallego's new album "Brute Force" is set to drop on April 1st via FiXT, and will be followed by the "Brute Force" tour in May, which we are proudly sponsoring - full date and venue info is available here.

To give you a taste of the "heavy computer music" coming on the impending album, today we're exclusively premiering a new music video for the "Pointers" track, which can be seen below. If you like what you hear, the album is up for pre-order at iTunes digitally or physically here.

Commenting on “Pointers,” Gallego says, “I’m very excited to finally unveil more of my new album today! 'Pointers' is a track that took me a long time to write and finalize, and yet it remains is one of my favorite work so far. A big thanks to Richard Oakes for helping us put the vision into image, enjoy!”

The Algorthim's mastermind further comments: "Well. My name's Rémi Gallego, I'm French, I'm 26 years old, I live in Köln (Germany) and I'm mostly known for my award-winning electronic producer name The Algorithm. So, what happened? It aaaall started during a rainy night on the first full moon of the month, a cold breeze ran into my neck as I was drinking a fine Bordeaux in front of a fireplace. Well, yeah, OK, not exactly like that.

"I was born in Perpignan in 1989, I had a happy, normal, childhood listening to Daft Punk and Iron Maiden while studying science and guitar. I played in a few metal bands (Sons Of Chaos, Dying Breath, Floating Wood) but quit them all as I chose to focus on my study in networks and computer science. I shortly missed playing music and this is when I began to cultivate my interest about music sequencing and computer music in general.

"I started the project The Algorithm in 2009 on Myspace, and my inspirations at the time were mostly driven by a need for controlled chaos and randomness. 2 years and 2 demos later, I played my first live show at Euroblast Festival using a single midi controller APC40 and I initiated a label contract with Basick Records, which led to the release of the debut album 'Polymorphic Code' in November 2012. I met Mike Malyan, drummer from Monuments, at the same period and we played our first live show together in February 2013 at the Camden Barfly.

"While progressively playing more shows more often in Europe, Australia (Big Day Out), Japan, Nepal, Israel and many other countries. I also wrote music for the world's biggest sports TV channel ESPN, video games like Super Mutant Alien Assault or Hacknet, produced a lot of remixes of bands like Born of Osiris, Igorrr or Daft Punk, and helped shape the production value of musician and bands all around the world.

"After the release of the second full album 'Octopus4' in June 2014, Jean Ferry from Uneven Structure replaced Mike Malyan on drums, I got endorsed by Keith McMillen, Line 6 and I picked up an Aristides guitar, all of this with a general goal to bring more musicianship and humanity to the mechanism of the computer music of the future.

"That being said, it is 2016 now and my third album 'Brute Force' is ready to see the light of day. I hope you enjoy it."

The new album's track listing is as follows:

1. Boot
2. Floating Point
3. Pointers
4. Brute Force
5. Userspace
6. Shellcode
7. Hex
8. Deadlock (feat. Igorrr)
9. Rootkit
10. Trojans (Hard Mode)

I keep trying to like The Algorithm, because I love the code jokes and whatnot, but the balance of elements remains an impassable barrier for me. It's too electronic and not metal-y enough. I'll probably keep trying every time he does something new, though.

I thought these guys were kinda interesting. I listened to some songs, and was going to see them live last year, but then they got shafted by the visa clusterfuck and had to drop off the tour.

Like this guy a lot, been following him for a long time. Its been interesting watching him develop. Love the new song, great video as well