"The AMERICAN Spirit"

@mbrosia

virgil
Nov 5, 2003
mountains of might
Visit site
Get to know this, guys!

Teo Peter, one of the best bass players in Romania in the last three decades was killed in a car crash by an drunk AMERICAN clerk from the American Embassy in Romania, on Sat, 4th of December. :OMG:
Teo was the general producer of one of the most importat rock event in the last 10 years in my country, i.e. "Rock In My Heart", that took place on 3rd, 4th and 5th Dec. at this event were invited Mick Abrahams (Jethro Tull), Brian Robertson (Thin Lizzy, Motorhead), Eric Bell (Thin Lizzy), Uli Jon Roth (Scorpions), David O'List (Pink Floyd, The Nice, Roxy Music), David Torme (Ozzy Osborne), Snowy White (Thin Lizzy), Graham Oliver (Saxon), Carl Palmer Band - Carl Palmer, Dave Marks, Paul Beilatowicz a.o., besides all the rock bands from my country.

The press says that the american had over 0.09 mils/litter alcohol in his breath. The fucker has diplomatic immunity and didn't want to go to the police medical test lab for blood samples, invoking that they don't use Embassy equipment. Anyway... he'll be trialed in States... :puke:

p.s. that kind of thing happens here with foreign diplomats all the time. Diplomats here around D.C. have their own rules to how they get to live here. They get away with all kinds of shit. Thing is, shit happens here all the time everywhere so diplomatic immunity is no huge outrage when they fuck people up, it doesn't stand out at all. And no one really cares. Why would they?

Bomb alarm in one of the buildings of the American university in Budapest, half of our class is cancelled :cool:

You may have seen or heard of, a security alert in the Nador 11. building. The security issue concerns only the Nador 11 building, which has been emptied and a security check is underway. At present there is no cause for concern in other buildings and there is no need to leave your place. If you should hear a fire-alarm signal in your building please leave your place as in a firedrill.

I left my poor coat in Nador 11, what if it gets blown up? :cry:

I'm American, and every ambassador from other countries to my country gets away with murder...sometimes literally. It's just accented because this guy was AMERICAN...b/c you know, we're all fucking nazis and the popular thing now is to hate America. It is a shame that this happened, but would you be in such an uproar if the guy the American killed wasn't such a big name? Would it be any less of a tragedy if a Norwegian killed him? Or how about a Slovenian? Perhaps Italian? The fact is, America is a four letter word these days, and people love to jump on the bandwagon and bash our heads. Sensationalizing the issue only exacerbates this tragedy and reminds me of the horrible news media we have. Yes, the guy who killed him is a moron, and he WILL be punished. I don't know many governments who have as harsh prison sentences as the American. We sentence thousands of people to death every single year. This person will be dealt with.

It's quite ironic now...what once started as a revolt against authority with the America bashing has turned into something like a bandwagon. It's en vogue to call me a piece of shit. That's ok. I can deal with it. I've been around the world, experienced many different cultures, and now live in Europe. So if someone who's never even been to America calls me a piece of shit, then that just makes that person look that much more of an idiot...IMHO.

thrashmetal78 said:
I'm American, and every ambassador from other countries to my country gets away with murder...sometimes literally. It's just accented because this guy was AMERICAN...b/c you know, we're all fucking nazis and the popular thing now is to hate America. It is a shame that this happened, but would you be in such an uproar if the guy the American killed wasn't such a big name? Would it be any less of a tragedy if a Norwegian killed him? Or how about a Slovenian? Perhaps Italian? The fact is, America is a four letter word these days, and people love to jump on the bandwagon and bash our heads. Sensationalizing the issue only exacerbates this tragedy and reminds me of the horrible news media we have. Yes, the guy who killed him is a moron, and he WILL be punished. I don't know many governments who have as harsh prison sentences as the American. We sentence thousands of people to death every single year. This person will be dealt with.

It's quite ironic now...what once started as a revolt against authority with the America bashing has turned into something like a bandwagon. It's en vogue to call me a piece of shit. That's ok. I can deal with it. I've been around the world, experienced many different cultures, and now live in Europe. So if someone who's never even been to America calls me a piece of shit, then that just makes that person look that much more of an idiot...IMHO.

you're probably right, it is accented, but not because he was an american ('cause theese days with all the politics&stuff our government kinda kisses your government's ass), but because the one who got killed was a very important promoter of rock music and aided to the solidification of the internal rock current.

I don't want to comment on precedences, because i don't want to offend anyone.
oh.. and i've been to America, I've met a lot of ppl, most of them great people, but also rotten apples... same here...