The AOR Kodak moment.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
So I checked the DVD coming with Judas Priest AOR...

cap002.jpg

cap004.jpg

cap006.jpg

cap007.jpg

cap008.jpg

cap001.jpg

Goddamn you, Wyvern. You cost me $26 today. This post and the video captures pushed me over the edge. I went to my local small town record store with inflated prices and bought Angel of Retribution on IMPULSE BUY. (I paid extra for the two disc version because I've heard alot of negative comments on the new "dual disc" version. Heard some people say they skipped and hopped, and apparently there is some stuff edited out of the dual disc?)

I wasn't anywhere near the Album of Retribution bandwagon when the new Priest was being previewed. Hell, I haven't bought a new Priest album in 15 years. Why should I start again now?

Didn't much care for advanced song Revolution. But then I dl'd a few more mp3s, what amounted to the first five songs on the album, and they really grew on me quickly...it sounded like old school Priest! Over the past few weeks I found myself playing those songs over and over. I was on the verge of placing my investment, but I was willing to buy it in my own time, at a good price...

Until Wyvern put up video captures. I was moved to go out and buy it immediately, including arguing with the store owner because he wasn't open on time. I gave him the finger and went next door to Kmart in rebellion, but they only had the "dual disc" version. I returned to the record store 15 minutes later with my tail between my legs and got the two disc version.

I am officially on board with the new Priest. It is a killer album and much more than we should expect from a band who has been recording for three decades. They have found the old "magic" once again, on most songs anyway.

I've only watched part of the dvd so far, a few videos of old songs with their gray/dyed hairs and wrinkled faces. Them are some rockin' old geezers!

Can't wait to sober up and watch the documentary.

One of the best bands - EVER. Period. You just can't beat some Priest. My friends and I used to sit in the back of class and go back and forth naming Judas Priest and Iron Maiden songs until one of us couldn't come up with another one. Of course - Priest had a much bigger catalog, but those were 2 of the sickest bands for us back then and still are today.

I'm glad I got to see them live at Ozzfest the last time around...great show.

JB

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Goddamn you, Wyvern. You cost me $26 today.

Do I look like the damn IRS? :loco: Sorry I pay around that if you consider S&H so you're not alone.

Until Wyvern put up video captures. I was moved to go out and buy it immediately, including arguing with the store owner because he wasn't open on time. I gave him the finger and went next door to Kmart in rebellion, but they only had the "dual disc" version. I returned to the record store 15 minutes later with my tail between my legs and got the two disc version.

That must hurt...:erk:

I am officially on board with the new Priest. It is a killer album and much more than we should expect from a band who has been recording for three decades. They have found the old "magic" once again, on most songs anyway.

Well price and pride apart, if I was able to get one person into an album, in such a way that the person actually enjoy and cherish the music, then my mission on Earth is fulfilled and I can die is peace.

Can't wait to sober up and watch the documentary.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, by Monday I had sobered up enough to watch the documentary portion of the DVD. I liked it. Nothing spectacular but there was some interesting comments in it. Mostly I enjoyed the videos of the modern day Priest playing those old classics. I LOVE the way Halford does that slow stepped march during Metal Gods. He is such an awesome frontman!

I've listened to AoR about ten times now, and I really am enjoying it. Thanks for pushing me over the edge, Wyvern, even if it did cost me $26. It was worth it!

Now I am in such a Priest mood that I've dusted off all my old classics and made another run through my Electric Eye DVD that I bought last year. Anyone have Electric Eye? They have awesome footage of ancient Priest playing Rocka Rolla and Dreamer Deciever on British tv back in the mid seventies. Can you imagine Rob Halford with a Robert Plant hairdo? It's there, in living color!

Well, by Monday I had sobered up enough to watch the documentary portion of the DVD. I liked it. Nothing spectacular but there was some interesting comments in it. Mostly I enjoyed the videos of the modern day Priest playing those old classics. I LOVE the way Halford does that slow stepped march during Metal Gods. He is such an awesome frontman!

I've listened to AoR about ten times now, and I really am enjoying it. Thanks for pushing me over the edge, Wyvern, even if it did cost me $26. It was worth it!

Now I am in such a Priest mood that I've dusted off all my old classics and made another run through my Electric Eye DVD that I bought last year. Anyone have Electric Eye? They have awesome footage of ancient Priest playing Rocka Rolla and Dreamer Deciever on British tv back in the mid seventies. Can you imagine Rob Halford with a Robert Plant hairdo? It's there, in living color!

O man that is some great footage! I love that stuff. Seeing Dreamer Deceiver performed is great. Thats one of my great Priest favorites. Too bad they did not do "Run of the mill" from Rocka Rolla what a killer song that is. And Robs performance on that song is stellar!

Have you seen the concert footage of the '82 Memphis show shot during the "Screaming for Vengeance" tour? Man thats an awesome gig. It has all the classics! I am a Priest nut since 1978 and cant get enough of their music. I just love that shit! :lol:

Btw the "unplugged" version of "Diamonds and Rust" on the DVD is fantastic.

Hey Wyv! Thanks al lot for the very cool pic's! They look awesome. I can't wait to see them again. Its been to long since I saw them on the "Painkiller" tour.

My pleasure. Now I'm done with planet Earth, farewell.

Anyone have Electric Eye? They have awesome footage of ancient Priest playing Rocka Rolla and Dreamer Deciever on British tv back in the mid seventies. Can you imagine Rob Halford with a Robert Plant hairdo? It's there, in living color!

Those can be seen in "Metalworks" video too. A friend is going to get me "Electric Eye" to copy. I also have a bootleg copy of the Memphis concert during the "Screaming For Vengeance" tour on VHS. I believe this concert came also in the "Metalogy" boxset.

Wyvern said:
I also have a bootleg copy of the Memphis concert during the "Screaming For Vengeance" tour on VHS. I believe this concert came also in the "Metalogy" boxset.
Yup, the limited edition of Metalogy comes with a bonus DVD containing the '82 Memphis show in 5.1 surround. I'd love to get it, but $50 is alot ot pay for one video concert. Of course, you get 4 cds worth of remasters as well, so I am tempted. Anyone wanna loan me $50? :D

Yup, the limited edition of Metalogy comes with a bonus DVD containing the '82 Memphis show in 5.1 surround. I'd love to get it, but $50 is alot ot pay for one video concert. Of course, you get 4 cds worth of remasters as well, so I am tempted. Anyone wanna loan me $50? :D

I have the original video which makes it even more sillier to get the Metalogy pack :ill:

And damn! Do I want that Memphis show on DVD!

Same here! :oops: :D

The Electric Eye DVD is essential owning.

I must say, for a bunch of old dudes they still look killer on stage! :headbang: