The Association For Australian Heavy Metal.

This is definately worth getting involved in!
Be great to see some support for DARKER HALF, LYCANTHIA & ANNO DOMINI as well.:headbang:

metalawards.jpg

We thank you for getting behind this movement.

We here at the Association for Australian Heavy Metal are in the process of setting up a support network to metal bands across Australia.

As a part of this we will be hosting the Australian Metal Awards and registrations will begin on the 1st of December 2008.

Please show your interest by registering on www.australianmetal.com.au or email us at info@australianmetal.com.au

You can also add us to your friends list on www.myspace.com/australianmetalawards

Cheers,
The AAHM Team

So hang on, registrations start December 1st, but you're asking for people to register now to express interest?

Also, with press kits needing to be submitted. Would larger bands (ie: Psycroptic, Alchemist, Blood Duster, etc) need to do this? I mean, everyone knows who they are. Or are these awards more focused on smaller bands? What if a band is recommended by others? Do they still have to submit press kits?

I think I'll just wait and until some more info is released about this, because at the moment its all a little vague :p

Keen to see what its all about though :)

So hang on, registrations start December 1st, but you're asking for people to register now to express interest?

Also, with press kits needing to be submitted. Would larger bands (ie: Psycroptic, Alchemist, Blood Duster, etc) need to do this? I mean, everyone knows who they are. Or are these awards more focused on smaller bands? What if a band is recommended by others? Do they still have to submit press kits?

I think I'll just wait and until some more info is released about this, because at the moment its all a little vague :p

Keen to see what its all about though :)

Registration for the awards will open as of December 1st.

We have asked for people to register their interest on our website in order to keep up to date with news as we announce it.

If you were listening to the "All Australian Full Metal Racket" last night you would have been given a heads up about categories and who can enter.For those of you who missed it we will be posting them on our website www.australianmetal.com.au tonight!!!

We will have 20 categories and they are open to signed and unsigned bands with categories in both areas including best regional band and best youth band.

Any band wishing to enter MUST supply a press kit (bio) and recordings regardless of if you are from Daysend, Bloodduster, the Amenta or a metal band from Dubbo.

Hope to see everyone register to be a part of the awards!!!

\m/
AAHM and the Australian Metal Awards

Sounds fair enough. If a band is 'too big' to submit a press kit to a humble start-up metal association's awards, they're 'big enough' that they don't need the recognition anyway.

It's one of those things which could be extremely awesome and beneficial to Aussie metal as a whole or a steaming *wha-wow*.
I have my ticket and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed hoping it ends up being the former.

How do you think it will benefit Australian metal as a whole?
I kind of figure that the bands that will win everything will be bands that don't really need any help as it is. Expect Psycroptic, The Amenta, Blood Duster, The Furor and Lord to pick up most of the awards, there's probably some other biggish bands I'm unable to think of that'll get stuff for sure. Maybe even Cold Chisel and AC/DC will get something.

Best metal mag / fan / webzine: Metal Obession.net, Blunt Magazine
Pyromusic

Most popular merch: Frankenbok, Ne Obliviscaris, Psycroptic

Best album cover: Aeon of Horus, Psycroptic, Buried In Verona

Best band name: Five Star Prison Cell, Psycroptic, Buried in Verona

Best film clip: Psycroptic – “Initiate”. Vanishing Point – “Surrender”,
Five Star Prison Cell - “Deloris”

Best Producer / Recording Engineer: Reggie Bowman (Scream Louder Studios) – Self Titled Dreadnaught, Jarrad Hearman (Sing Sing Studios) – “Avalon” Chaos Divine, Sammy Giacotto (Peak Time Productions) – “The Unseen” Eyefear

Best drummer: Dave Hayley – Psycroptic, Ben Mazzarol – Chaos Divine,
David Horgan – Ouroboros

Best bass player: Michael Conti – Ouroboros, Cameron Grant – Psycroptic,
Michael Kruit – Chaos Divine

Best regional band: Alchemist, Aeon of Horus, 3 Faces West

Best youth band: 3 Faces West, Asphyxia, Beneath Dying Skies

Best export: Alchemist, Mortal Sin, Psycroptic

Best live band: Five Star Prison Cell, Lord, Psycroptic

Best guitarist: Stu Marshall – Pain Division, Ryan Felton – Chaos Divine,
Jimmy Lardner-Brown – Killrazer

Best vocalist: Lord Tim – Lord, Dave Anderton – Chaos Divine,
Evgeny Linnik – Ouroboros

Best keyboard player: Sammy Giaccotto - Eyefear, Chris Stevenson - The Eternal, Adam Agius - Alchemist

Best new band: Asphyxia, Death Audio, 3 Faces West

Song of the year: “Gloom with a view” – A Secret Death, “Dig” – Frankenbok, “Refuse the Sickness” – Chaos Divine

Best unsigned band: Ouroboros, Eye of the Enemy, Aventine Hill

Best album: “Avalon” – Chaos Divine, “(Ob)Servant” – Psycroptic,
“Truths of the Blood” – Black Asylum

Overall best band 2009: Psycroptic, Ouroboros, Chaos Divine

The winners will be announced on the 7th of November at the 2009 Australian Metal Awards Show which will be held at the Forum (Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park, NSW). Tickets are available through www.moshtix.com.au

Just a quick update for those not in know or curious to what has happened with the AAHM.
The Australian Metal Awards has not been re run this year but from whispers and internet posts it seems it may return in 2011 with new blood and a changed format.
We'll see how it goes eh?
Until then keep supporting Oz Metal as i always say that can't be a bad thing.:D

Yep, it's now run by Jamie & Jon Hocking. Great people, and they have some really good ideas (and are really listening to what the public want). It isn't happening this year because they want to do everything properly, and ensure that it restarts on a high note under the new management, rather than throwing something together quickly and ultimately having the same problems as last year just for the sake of having a 2010 show.

I can see the 2011 Awards being a huge improvement in quite a few areas.