The Battle makes Rock Is Life.com's Best of 2005 list

Octavarium at #2 with:

There was a period of a few years where I couldn’t stand the band. I found the albums they were releasing to be beyond boring. It seemed they were trying to impress us with how well they could play their instruments rather than crafting actual songs. I was very happy to discover that the last two albums they have released have brought about a return to form that served them best like their best known album Images and Words. Octavarium is Dream Theater at the top of their game. The only real problem I had with the album was the first 11 minutes or so of the title cut. Otherwise I played this album constantly from the very first spin. I played it here at home 3 times for the review and many more for pleasure. I can’t begin to figure out how many times it was played while I was at work. It’s progressive metal at some of its highest level of attainment.

I'm speechless.

/e:
To make myself clear, I meant that like "I can't believe this shit"- kind of way.

/e2:
Not that it came at #2, but: The only real problem I had with the album was the first 11 minutes or so of the title cut. That was like the only good thing with the album imo :> And that the albums before Train of Thought were beyond boring? ^^

she might have a nice voice and all, but she isnt rock, or anything near rock, shes pop, and thats that.
Lana Lane is far superior in everyway. along with Floor Jansen...

besides, this is also the same reviewer who said the odyssey was one of the best albums of the year but only gave it 4 out of 5...:err:

RobbM said:
she might have a nice voice and all, but she isnt rock, or anything near rock, shes pop, and thats that.
Lana Lane is far superior in everyway. along with Floor Jansen...
That's an awful comparison. They are different styles, and they are all excellent in each interpretation of their music genre.

im not comparing her, the guy on that review website says shes rock...and i'm saying she isnt rock...besides I wasnt really comparing anything,it was you who thought I was. I said she isnt rock, but Lana lane is...although I probably shouldnt have used the word "superior", which confused you..

Phanto said:
Octavarium at #2 with:

I'm speechless.

/e:
To make myself clear, I meant that like "I can't believe this shit"- kind of way.

/e2:
Not that it came at #2, but: The only real problem I had with the album was the first 11 minutes or so of the title cut. That was like the only good thing with the album imo :> And that the albums before Train of Thought were beyond boring? ^^

Most Dream Theater is dull as dirt, so I'd say the reviewer was spot on.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Why in the hell are you talking about Kelly Clarkson on a frigging metal forum!?! Off with your heads!!!

exactly...my first post was dissing her totally, because how can anyone take a review site like that seriously when they say she rocks.... :puke:

And dream theater has pritty much gone the way of metallica anyways (old stuff=good new stuff=numetal crap..)

RobbM said:
.although I probably shouldnt have used the word "superior", which confused you..
Yep, when you say that someone is "far superior", you're comparing. Thus, your confusion.

As everyone is talking shit about DT and Kelly Clarkson, I'll have to leave this thread because I disagree with you all, you bunch of... guys... who don't... agree with me... :yuk:

proulxski said:
if you wanna know who has a good voice and can sing like crazy (not metal) Sarah Mcglaklen (or however you spell it lol)

uh oh...sounds like we'll all have to start breaking out the berkenstocks, just in time for Lilith fair..:headbang:

j/k...:loco:

arglebargle said:
Most Dream Theater is dull as dirt, so I'd say the reviewer was spot on.

I would say to die, but I really need to get out of that habit, so I'm just going to say:

I disagree. Dream Theater doesn' write music just for the purpose of being music. They write their music as a way of saying "I'm better than you, and I'm going to make a big deal about it." And tha's why Dream Theater PWNS all n00bs.