The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson - Smile

Dec 27, 2004
SWEET FUCKING JEEBUS McHENRY This album is amazing. This is by far one of the spookies and sureal albums of all time. It captures so many vibes that bands trying to be 'scary' can only DREAM of. Sweet fuck.

I want to upload a sample but I'm litteral dumbfounded as to what tracks would sum it all up.

instead of taping each backing track as a complete performance, as had been the case for all prior Beach Boys recordings, he began to break the arrangements into sections, recording multiple 'takes' of each section. He also recorded the same section at several different studios, to exploit the unique sonic characteristics or special effects available in each. He would then edit these different segments together to create a composite whole that combined the best features of production and performance.

Gotta love the obsessive compulsive nature. :D

I really need to get some of the good Beach Boys albums. I've stayed away from them all these years because of my undying hatred* of bullshit like Surfin' Safari and other schlock.

*slight distaste

NADatar said:
I really need to get some of the good Beach Boys albums. I've stayed away from them all these years because of my undying hatred* of bullshit like Surfin' Safari and other schlock.

That stuff also rules highly, imho.