The best ESOTERIC albums

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Everyone list their favourite Esoteric albums and drop a line or two about this band. Who do they sound like? I know most of you will say they're unique but I'd appreciate some comparisons to other funeral doom acts. For example, do they recall Evoken or Funeral or whatever? Do they have any really heayv guitar stuff going on in their music, etc.

Cheers!

Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum is just an absolutely blinding record. And Metamorphogenesis is another classic from them. Their other albums are good, but they really have come into their own with their more recent records.

Subconscious.. Has some beautiful melodic moments, The Blood Of The Eyes being a perfect example of this.. But Morphia has one of the most crushing riffs for the first verse..

Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum is just an absolutely blinding record. And Metamorphogenesis is another classic from them. Their other albums are good, but they really have come into their own with their more recent records.

Subconscious.. Has some beautiful melodic moments, The Blood Of The Eyes being a perfect example of this.. But Morphia has one of the most crushing riffs for the first verse..

Agreed!! "The Blood of the Eyes" first 4 or so minutes, the opening verse, is some of the most beautiful music ever, imo. The whole album is for me, crushing!!!!:mad:

The whole album is indeed immensely crushing.. But that first dirty riff in Morphia.. It's one of those 'hairs-on-neck' moments..
And yes, The Blood Of The Eyes really is very beautiful. Funny considering they're from Birmingham!

The guy sounds like he is swallowing electrified barbed wire while being cosumed by hateful ancient grief. He is awesome, and yea, his vocals are distorded