The best Slovak metal band.

What is your favourite band from Slovakia?

• Sanatorium

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Essence of Existence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lahka muza

• Synthetically Revived

• Galadriel

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Thalarion

• Depresy

• Ethereal Pandemonium

• Orkrist

• Abortion

• Morgain

• Lunatic Gods

• Dementor

• Pathology Stench

• Suffocate

• Antares

• Typhoid

• Caress

• Dementor

• other

• Total voters

Naggamanteh

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Here is a list of some Slovak bands, some of which appear in the poll list. If you don't find your favourite band in the list, vote for "other" and explain in your post which band you think is the best and why.

:cool::):D

ABORTION
ABSTRACT
ACHROMASIA
ANTARES
ESSENCE OF EXISTENCE
CARESS
CRANIOTOMY
DEMENTOR
DEPOSED CROSS
DEPRESY
ETHEREAL PANDEMONIUM
GALADRIEL
GOREOPSY
LAHKA MUZA
LUNATIC GODS
MISCELLANE
MORGAIN
ORKRIST
PATHOLOGY STENCH
SANATORIUM
SIGH
SUFFOCATE
SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION
SYNTHETICALLY REVIVED
THALARION
TYPHOID

Dementor are so good that their mentioned twice in the poll?

in fact them and Gladeriel are the only bands ive heard of so it might be a good idea their styles.

kollex said:
Dementor are so good that their mentioned twice in the poll?

in fact them and Gladeriel are the only bands ive heard of so it might be a good idea their styles.
Naw they are not more special than the rest, I must have been drunk when making the list.

dill_the_devil said:
The only one of those bands I've got an album by is Sanatorium, and frankly, they suck really hard. Might check out some of those others, though.
Older Sanatorium does suck, but they have learned to play and they play very good brutal gore death metal these days. Good shit. :)

dill_the_devil said:
Really? Does the vocalist still sound like a bullfrog in mating season? :)

If they've learnt to play properly and write some decent riffs now, I may check them out again and see how far they've come. Have they got a website?
Hehe, actually I heard some people say the vocalist LOOKS like a frog while singing. But he's an okay person, I know him a bit... and he's cut his hair recently. :p

They have a website at sanatorium.nfo.sk. Also, Martin Belobrad (the vocalist) runs a label and a very kewl distro with good prices at www.forensickmusic.com, not just brutal death bot lotsa different styles, even stuff like Dark Ambient. Worth checking out.

As far as their music goes, well the guitars aren't very technical... The vocalist told me himself it takes about 2 months to learn to play bass. :p Well he can't play too complicated stuff if he has to sing at the same time hehe. So nope, they are not the most technical of bands, but I do like their latest stuff, it sounds like some of the best brutal death metal bands (those less technical ones) from the US. Oh, and the band is taking a break now, I believe they are looking for a new drummer. Anyways, for a sample of their latest efforts, check out their concert mini CD called "Fetus Rape".

Profånity said:
Could you please sort all of those bands out by genre?
I might give you such list later. Not all those bands are worth very much, but some are very good. And Lahka muza is not even metal, it is a very weird shit, some woman making s/m performances on stage etc.