The Big 4 - One show in the US?

amaranth24

Ya Yellow Rat Bastid!!!
Jun 10, 2006
VA
How fucking lame?! They've been hyping this show up since last year only to announce that they're going to play only 1 show in the US (in California)? First off, Anthrax shouldn't even be part of the Big 4, it should be Testament or Overkill as those bands have kept their original lead singers. Second, if Van Halen could do a reunion tour with DLR a few years ago and do 50 dates in 50 states, and those guys are older than the guys in Big 4, then why in the hell can't these guys do the same?! :mad:

They already said if the demand is high enough there will be more shows. The problem is there needs to be more metalheads in the states and we would get more shows based on demand.

They already said if the demand is high enough there will be more shows. The problem is there needs to be more metalheads in the states and we would get more shows based on demand.

Does this mean we'll have to wait until 2012 for more possible dates?

Who gives a shit. when I first heard they were gonna do a show or shows ... I thought great thats nice. NOW. fuck em. Now i know why i quit listening.

Maybe it's the promoters not the bands?

Good question. It blows after all the hype that they're only playing one show on the west coast.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much Johnny, I'm sure you'd like to see them do a European tour as well.

Good question. It blows after all the hype that they're only playing one show on the west coast.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much Johnny, I'm sure you'd like to see them do a European tour as well.

I've seen the Big Four on Sonisphere, last summer. This year it's going to be Maiden, Korn and Mastodon, but anyway, Slayer and Megadeth are coming to Prague together in April so this is a must.

I've seen the Big Four on Sonisphere, last summer. This year it's going to be Maiden, Korn and Mastodon, but anyway, Slayer and Megadeth are coming to Prague together in April so this is a must.

Congrats man!!! I'm still crosiing my fingers that those guys will do a full length tour across the US.

Meh, I'm not too bothered by it, it all breaks down for me as such:

Metallica: haven't been worth a shit since 1991 and I couldn't care less to hear anymore from them. Honestly, they suck so bad at this point that even having them on the tour is a shame, considering how much they've shit on their own legacy.

Megadeth: ah fuck it, I like Megadeth. They put out some crap albums for a while, but since United Abominations on I think they've been ok to pretty good.

Slayer: best band on the entire bill, and imo they should be the headliners. I've enjoyed every album they ever released, even the more unpopular ones with diehards like "Diabolus in Musica," "God Hates Us All," "Christ Illusion," and "World Painted Blood."

Anthrax: Fuck em. I loved Anthrax with John Bush, but Belladonna's vocals just annoy me to the point of nausea. For me, the worst move they could've made was to bring him back into the fold, and I am 100% uninterested in a new album with this guy. I agree with many who say that Anthrax need to be replaced by Testament, flat out.

Overall, I wouldn't mind Metallica being booted - Testament replacing Anthrax, and a really good, aggressive band like Dew-Scented to be the opening low band on the totem pole. But that's in a perfect world....

Anthrax: Fuck em. I loved Anthrax with John Bush, but Belladonna's vocals just annoy me to the point of nausea. For me, the worst move they could've made was to bring him back into the fold, and I am 100% uninterested in a new album with this guy.

+

Got my tickets for the show at Yankee Stadium. I'm mainly going for Slayer & Megadeth. One of my favorite shows (along with S.O.D. in Philly & seeing M.O.D. live) was the Clash of the Titans tour in 1991.

Got my tickets for the show at Yankee Stadium. I'm mainly going for Slayer & Megadeth. One of my favorite shows (along with S.O.D. in Philly & seeing M.O.D. live) was the Clash of the Titans tour in 1991.

You lucky bastard!!!