The Black Dahlia Murder - first single from "Everblack" streaming

Yeah, I'll wait to hear a better version to judge the mix but I agree. Their past few albums have been sorta on the boring side, IMO, with Ritual and Nocturnal holding some of the better material.

Really hope the entire album isn't like this. These guys are one of my favorite bands.

I do like how Tevor is constantly stepping it up in the vocal department though....

Nocturnal is a masterpiece. The songwriting was phenomenal. I think that after deflorate they started to run out of ideas. The song in the op is not bad but I think they need other kind of mix, too much suecof.

stoked on alans drumming! guy is a machine. I really dig the song, much more raw and heavier than most of their material. solos dont sound out of place like they have on the last 2 records.

This song is pretty damn fucking awesome. Mix is whatever. I've never really been into soundcloud quality. But not bad at all. IMO MIASMA is their best album, but Nocturnal is their best sounding.

Nocturnal is a masterpiece. The songwriting was phenomenal. I think that after deflorate they started to run out of ideas. The song in the op is not bad but I think they need other kind of mix, too much suecof.

What was I thinking? Listened again and the sound is definitely different, the song kicks ass. Too bad the mix is ugly and it is holding back the song, let's hope it is only a rushed mix for press.

I'm digging the guitar tone myself. The riffs are heavy, but they don't flow too well, IMO. On their own, each section kill, but put it all together as a song and they just are too disjointed.

Still looking forward to the album, and I like the mix. Raw and heavy. The bass tone is a bit different for them too, and I dig it.

I'd love to know what amps were used.

stoked on alans drumming! guy is a machine. I really dig the song, much more raw and heavier than most of their material. solos dont sound out of place like they have on the last 2 records.

ive got to record there drummer a few time... i did the drums on his current sideproject unbodied and previous demowork with tpb hes a great musician with a great work ethic.... couldnt ask for more... cant wait to do more recording :headbang:with him