The Black Waltz is officially my favorite Kalmah album :D

Kirurgisti said:
My list goes like this:
1. They Will Return
2. Swamplord
3. Swampsong
4. The Black Waltz

But they are all good, even the weakest album.
i agree definitely. i already find myself no longer listening to the new cd unfortunately. :(

eggo said:
Well, if Kalmah toured more often, maybe they would get more respect? Outside word of mouth, there is nothing else promoting Kalmah. No merchandise, no tours... :(.

On matters like respect, who are you to say who deserves more respect than another? 'Bodom has done many tours, released more albums and coincidentally gets more attention. If Kalmah wants to gain more 'respect', they need to start working* harder for it :p

*Oh sweet Jesus, don't take this the wrong way.

I agree with you..first of all they should do a north america tour..That would be such a good thing.
And I think they are more known that you think..but anyway "I" think( and many others think) that they are better than cob. But that's just my opinion so don't take it too badly. In another point of view, their last release was really good, while cob's lastest release"AYDY", you probably know what I think of it.

Bastard child said:
But that's just my opinion so don't take it too badly. In another point of view, their last release was really good, while cob's lastest release"AYDY", you probably know what I think of it.

Unlike sports, a Band doesn't have to be "better" than another. What are the criterias you use to tell what band is better? Speed, live performance, what? It's all about your tastes. They can all be good but you'll prefer one to the other. I wish everyone could say i prefer this band to this band because blablabla instead of BAND X IS SOOO BETTER THAN BAND Y, period!

Anyway, i don't think i'll stop seeing things like "Kalmah > COB > Norther" anytime soon.

I finally got a copy of the album yesterday.

I like how in the sleeve's "thanks" section Pekka says "Thanks, but no thanks" :lol:

Well hard to chose idd...but i think the nr1 would be Swampsong..god damn love that CD..and second is black waltz..and most played track on new album is to the gallows...

eggo said:
Metallica:
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice For All

Slayer:
Seasons in the Abyss
Reign in Blood
South of Heaven
God Hates Us All

Black Sabbath:
Vol. 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Master of Reality
Paranoid

I could go on and on :D I love Kalmah, but they don't stack up to some of the big dogs quite yet, IMO. Maybe time will change that :D

eh... you must be joking, none of those bands can even remotely compare to kalmah

Don't like the vocals on TBW as much as the previous albums, just simply don't fit aswell. I was also disappointed with the guitar solos, which lacked the greatness of those in the previous albums, they simply don't stand out as much. I also don't like the keyboard in comparison to their previous especially They Will Return, in which they keyboard effect/tone was brilliant. However, stil love the album, and put it above most of Swampsong, which imo has too much of a bodom feel to it. Hence:

1)Swamplord and They Will Return (can't decide)
2)TBW
3)Swampsong

sandiegometalmario said:
i agree definitely. i already find myself no longer listening to the new cd unfortunately. :(

man mail it this way, id be willing to take it off your hands:worship:

enjoi17 said:
eh... you must be joking, none of those bands can even remotely compare to kalmah
Ok so I had like a two page essay on a response for your reply, but I just realized your post was probably a troll. If it wasn't, I really feel bad for you.

Whatever though, different strokes, different folks.

Swamplord is my favorite kalmah album, and i doubt that will ever change.

eggo said:
On matters like respect, who are you to say who deserves more respect than another? 'Bodom has done many tours, released more albums and coincidentally gets more attention. If Kalmah wants to gain more 'respect', they need to start working* harder for it
for some reason i agree with you there, except that you point out that bodom gets more respect than kalmah. true, they're a lot more famous but when it comes to respect it's not about how many fans a certain band got, but more like how they are respected by their fans.
in my opinion i think that those who know kalmah (and since TBW that amount keeps groing exponentially) respect it in a 'better' way than Bodom or Norther.

you know what i'm saying? :D

but i definately agree that Kalmah need to get their asses across Europe, Japan and the US!

^ I understand. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't of brought up Bodom, but someone else had said something about them :D

You can only survive off of pride and respect for so long though. Kalmah needs to tour :(