The Blue review on Sea of Tranquility

While some of your statements are arguably questionable, I think you did a great job, aside from getting a bit too personal on your opinions i.e "I do think the production of Materia is better, but then again, no Novembre album could equal it."

Great job and thanks for it. :)

I think you did a great job, aside from getting a bit too personal on your opinions
I've always believed that getting a tad personal is a good thing on the reviewer's part, but then maybe you're right -- a reviewer should just focus on the content.

Just out of curiousity though, what is the best Novembre album from a production point of view? I do think Materia has the best overall character when it comes to production.

Cheers! :)

Personally, I think it's Dreams D'azur is their best production and Novembrine Waltz comes next. Why? you may ask.

Materia and Blue do sound more modern, but, does it really fit their style? I don't think so.

From Materia, I could say:
- Vocals are way too boxed/nasal and there're a lot of sibilants going on.
- It's blurry, the drums don't cut through the mix.

From The Blue, I could say:
- Too loud and peaking at several times
- Instrument layers aren't clear enough

Whereas the previous albums, while not having a "modern" sound, they fit their sound, mood and melodies immensely.

Please Novembre, get Andy Sneap to mix your next album...if you're looking for some modern sound. :)

Please Novembre, get Andy Sneap to mix your next album...if you're looking for some modern sound. :)
They could also work with Dan Swano again. Swano has become a staple in sound mixing throughout the years and the last Nightingale album rules production-wise.

Seeing them work with Andy Sneap would be interesting too. :)

NP: Leverage - Tides

As far as I remember from some interviews or articles in general, there were 'problems' or misunderstandings - as Carmelo exactly sings on 'Arte Novecento' working with Dan 'Culo' Swano at those times... Yeah, I love the sound of the first couple of records. My all times faves for sure. It doesn't matter what kind of production they had. They sound great.