The Chaser Decides!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
From an email I just received:

An update from The Chaser

1) ANNOUNCING THE CHASER DECIDES

The Chaser team returns to ABC-TV this week with The Chaser Decides, a show covering the 2004 Federal Election. In the tradition of 2001’s Logie-losing The Election Chaser, the team will once again be hitting the campaign trail to be hit by Mark Latham.

Brought to you from the national tallyroom in Canberra, the show will be on air 9pm Thursday nights for four weeks from 23 September – that is, this coming Thursday.

2) THE CHASER DECIDES NEEDS VOLUNTEERS

The Chaser team is looking for volunteers to wander around in the background of its “National Tallyroom” (located in Artarmon, Sydney!) for fake vote counting action in its upcoming election special, The Chaser Decides.

This is a more-than-once-every-series chance to be a part of the making of a Chaser TV show – it’s much more interactive than just sitting in the audience and having people entertain you! More repetitive too. You’ll see behind the scenes of a TV shoot – and what you’ll see is yourself!

It’s a great opportunity to see the Chaser team fluff their lines take after take. Come along and smash any illusions you have about the ‘magic’ of television …

Dress: office wear – you need to look like an electoral worker. Guys – at minimum, open necked button-up shirt and dark coloured slacks, no jeans … some in suits would be good. Girls – smart casual for business

When: two sessions per studio record

Session 1A – Wed, 22 Sept 9:30 – 13:00

Session 1B – Wed, 22 Sept 13:30 - 18:00

Session 2A – Wed, 29 Sept 9:30 – 13:00

Session 2B – Wed, 29 Sept 13:30 - 18:00

Session 3A – Wed, 6 Oct 9:30 – 13:00

Session 3B – Wed, 6 Oct 13:30 - 18:00

Session 4A – Wed, 13 Oct 9:30 – 13:00

Session 4B – Wed, 13 Oct 13:30 - 18:00

Where: 4 Lanceley Place, Artarmon. (On the edge of the ABC's old Gore Hill complex)

To register: email chaserdecides@your.abc.net.au to register your interest. Please include:

*name

*contact phone number

*session(s) you can do

Any queries: call The Chaser Decides on 02 8333-3332

Remember - we can't promise it'll be fun, but we can promise you'll be in the background of our TV show! Well, maybe.

That'd be fun. Why can't they film these things in Brisbane? :(

Was that show good last time? I'm not sure if I saw it or not. I wasn't around when the last election was held, so lodged my vote a couple of weeks beforehand.

The Election Chaser was absolutely brilliant.

They used to hand out 'biggest bullshitter' and the like awards to politicians in the flesh, and the politicians would get all angry and shit. It was the best.