Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Bohemia (Czech republic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• South & Central america Asia

• Total voters
I voted for Germany, but there are few Countries missing like Poland who also has great band's like Vader, Behemoth, Sceptic, Hate and much more!
But, I must say that every country has good band and Bad band's! but anyway, I voted for Germany, because I know A LOT of good German metal band's!

I voted for US, I think that it's contribution to the metal scene in general was crucial and undeniable and it's contribution to the death metal scene is also deadly, with important bands like Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel I think they rule, but also countries like Germany and UK have made a difference. Sweden is very important to the Death Metal scene rather than the whole metal scene, but I must say that some of my fav. death metal bands are from there.

I've got to say that Eastern Europe is producing some really great music right now. I've heard some killer new bands like Lead Weight, from Kazakhstan (okay, its Ex-Soviet, and Asia, but the dudes in it are Russian), Neocrima, Diaokhi, Phantasmagory, Castrum. Ignorabimus (Estonia--kind of doomy, with touces of Katatonia and other stuff...really cool!), and countless others. Lots of the other "big" scenes just aren't making stuff that really gets me going. I'd must admit though, Asia is producing some great stuff. The band Dusk, from Pakistan, is very, very talented. The reason I haven't been very impressed with most Western things is because they seem to really lack inspiration. A lot of the newer bands over here don't really try to make anything new, they just want to either jump on the old Norweigian black metal bandwagon, or go off and do hyperspeed grind death metal. The veterans are all great though, and do actually continue to put out killer albums.
Of course, I am also realizing that Israel has a really good scene. So many good, different bands, that are motivated and have the means to produce great recordings. :saint:

i voted Sweden 'cause of many bands (ATG, In Flames, Vomitory and maaaaaaaaany others). My Second choice whould be Greece (not 'cause I'm greek) 'caouse there are many rally good bands here in the underground.

Yeah,There are cool Greek bands like
bowdown.gif
ROTTING CHRIST, nightfall and on thorns i lay.i like Greek style,too. do u have any different recommends kontan?

Derya the Angel said:
Yeah,There are cool Greek bands like
bowdown.gif
ROTTING CHRIST, nightfall and on thorns i lay.i like Greek style,too. do u have any different recommends kontan?

Tones of recommends. We have something like a "huge underground carpet" :lol: There are bands like Decemberance (doom/death) which have played with bands like Candlemass and Madruk or Inveracity (grind/death) and Acid Death(Multidirectional death). If anyone is interested in demo-tape(or CD) trading drop me an e-mail at: kontanjohn@hotmail.com I'm very interested in underground outside Greece. Support he underground :headbang:

Well, like Ben wrote, each area has it own good and Bad bands. The US and Sweden are the most productive and inspiring countries I think, but due to my all time fav band, I've chosen Norway, only for the reason that it's the homeland of the one and only EMPEROR.
Beside, why not adding Scandinavia? it's more preferable then to decide between Norway and Sweden. Don't you think?

yeah, you`re right, i`ll see if i can re-edit this poll... but i think that i`ll leave Finland beside, cause finnish metal is rather different then the swede and the norwegian type.