The Crimson Idol Storyline

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I always figured that Jonathan comitted suicide at the end, as on the version I have (the 2 cd one) it has the story in it and finishes with "a great star fell from the sky that night and with its descent left a scorched path in its way - a great path of self destruction before burning out".
Of course, it doesnt actually say that he does, but its pretty obvious to me that he did, I was just wondering what everyone else who has heard the album thought happened?

Also, on the version I have there are 2 bonus tracks, Phantoms In The Mirror and The Eulogy, obviously The Eulogy would go on the end of the album, but where does Phantoms In The Mirror go? Im guessing it would go after I Am One or on the end before The Eulogy, does anyone know for sure?

I like albums that make you think :D

BTW: Phantoms and The Eulogy ROCK!!!!!!! :headbang:

With these six strings I make a noose,
To take my life it's time to choose.
The headlines read of my demise,
Aggghhhhh my suicide.

Maybe it was a professional suicide.

With these six string I make a noose
Starts writing another album..

The headlines read of my demise
He wrote Load..

Originally posted by Sydo
With these six strings I make a noose,
To take my life it's time to choose.
The headlines read of my demise,
Aggghhhhh my suicide.

I cant believe I missed that. (I skip that song when I listen to the cd)

*Spawny goes and hides in utter shame* :cry: :s

I was right though.... !

Anyway, im listening to Unholy Terror right now, good album this :headbang:

He wrote Load..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or Risk :D

Originally posted by spawn
(I skip that song when I listen to the cd)

:confused: I think it's the perfect album ending track. The early tracks really builds the tension and The Great Misconceptions Of Me brings it all to a tragic conclusion.

Great Song imo.

:confused: I think it's the perfect album ending track. The early tracks really builds the tension and The Great Misconceptions Of Me brings it all to a tragic conclusion.

Great Song imo.

Its not that I dont like it, Its just that when I listen to cds at work, I swap between them a lot as im easily distracted :D

The Eulogy is an even better conclusion, Ill never understand why they left it off..... (Maybe because it was too long for the album, back before cds anyways?)

He wrote Load..

He may also have hired Gene from Iced Earths first album to sing :D
Ok im done :)

He may also have hired Gene from Iced Earths first album to sing :D

:lol: I finally got to hear the first album the other day, out of Invisible Boys box set.
I was never going to, I feel like buying Dark Genesis now.. :cry:

:lol: I finally got to hear the first album the other day, out of Invisible Boys box set.
I was never going to, I feel like buying Dark Genesis now.. :cry:

Yeah, the remix/remasters are WAY better than the originals, but no amount of computer manipulation could fix Genes voice :D

Im gonna buy The Headless Children if Utopia has it tomorrow as well :headbang:

Im gonna buy The Headless Children if Utopia has it tomorrow as well :headbang:

Fantastic decision. My personal favourite WASP album, although it and The Crimson Idol are almost equals..

BTW - how good is Low!! I listened to it again the other night and it rocked very nicely. :headbang:

Ive been meaning to buy it for the last 3 months, but Utopia never has it. BASTARDS! :D

Low ROCKS! :D

Maybe Jonathan faked his own death? It says "its time to choose" and then only says "the headlines read of my suicide". Which means maybe he faked it..... hmmmmm curiouser and curiouser........

Maybe Jonathan faked his own death? It says "its time to choose" and then only says "the headlines read of my suicide". Which means maybe he faked it..... hmmmmm curiouser and curiouser........

Faked it to escape the limelight and pressure?
You could very well be right..:)

Faked it to escape the limelight and pressure?
You could very well be right..:)

People will be seeing him in 7-11s soon........:hotjump:

Are you saying that he faked his own death, it sounds like the crappy 80s movie Eddie and the Cruisers. and that had a even shittier sequal.

But I think he wants to kill his past, I think he was just speaking metaforically, you know get rid of the momories of his father. he say it in the line "I don't want to be a crimson Idol, either that or a female's hygeine product.

And unlike some of you I only have the original CD from when it was first released.

Stormrider is about a guy who turns his back on his religion and opens the gates of hell to start the apocalypse, and then gets taken to hell himself as punishemnt but he doesnt care.
Thats the short version anyways :)

Well why would you care? After all, Ozzy will be there. :D

Thats true, all the best bands are affiliated with Satan... Cept Creed :)