The Crue still shits all over new bands ...

look closer they don't have the highest attendance
but they have some serious fucking ticket prices

Artist/Event: A Taste of Chaos Tour: DEFTONES, THRICE, ATREYU, STORY OF THE YEAR, AS I LAY DYING & others
Venue: Stade Uniprix
City/State: Montreal, Quebec
Date: April 15, 2006
Gross Sales: $165,162
Attendance: 5,819
Capacity: 6,200

Artist/Event: MÖTLEY CRÜE
Venue: Sioux Falls Arena
City/State: Sioux Falls, S.D.
Date: April 1, 2006
Gross Sales: $245,383
Attendance: 4,652
Capacity: 6,296

motley crue are one of the worst bands i've ever had the misfortune of hearing and i wish them all a slow and painful death, which is more than they deserve

look closer they don't have the highest attendance
but they have some serious fucking ticket prices

it is true that the prices are higher ... but looking at that other bill you compared it to and beign that all those bands are current day MTV favorites ... they still fail at bringing in the cash.

They're a great band, with a ton of classic songs, who put on an awesome live show, and completely piss over 95% of all the bands discussed here. You don't sell 40 million records, stick around for 25 years, and define a decade by accident.

Zod

unhinged said:
look closer....

Artist/Event: A Taste of Chaos Tour: DEFTONES, THRICE, ATREYU, STORY OF THE YEAR, AS I LAY DYING & others
City/State: Montreal, Quebec

Artist/Event: MÖTLEY CRÜE
City/State: Sioux Falls, S.D.
You missed the more important factor, when comparing these two events. Crue played Sioux Falls, population 125,000. A Taste of Chaos Tour played Montreal, population 1,600,000.

Zod

General Zod said:
Playing in front of 5,000 people a night and making a quarter of a million dollars in 90 minutes. Where do I sign up to become a parody?

Zod
how much money did aerosmith make playing the super bowl, still doesn't make em a good band :heh:

and you're right, you don't sell 40 million records, stick around 25 (isn't it like 35 at this point?) years, and define a decade by accident. they're very astute businessmen.

cthulufhtagn said:
and you're right, you don't sell 40 million records, stick around 25 (isn't it like 35 at this point?) years, and define a decade by accident. they're very astute businessmen.
Then I guess I'll e-mail the CEO, CFO and CIO of my company, and see if they want to start a Metal band.:loco:

Zod

Motley Crue defined a generation? When did that happen?

I'll lump them in with KISS, Aersomith, and AC/DC in the WTF?!!! category (i.e. untalented bands that somehow got hugely popular and stayed that way for a long time).

Do you have a source for the 40 million records quote? Seems a bit steep to me, but I could be wrong.

Guns n' Roses are about the only band of the whole buttrock genre that I would classify as BAD FUCKING ASS.

The rest can all be Bon Jovi for all I care.

PS: Bon Jovi sux