The Cult!

I just went and checked and all the dressing rooms at teh soton guildhall are for the cult and their crew... no mention of any other bands..hmmmmm

Should be a grand night all the same!! :)

And he was right jon!

Doors opened at 7 and the band finally came on at just gone 9:15! and were gone by 10:40, including encore! Astbury spent half the night ranting about how they are the Cult and deserve respect. The sound was shocking, one of the worst I've ever experienced and the show has to go down as extremely poor value for money. They had lost me before they even started by coming on so late!

I'll remember them as they were in the 80's I think.........

Newcastle - doors opened 7 pm - band came on 9.25 pm, no support, crowd got ugly (and I mean really ugly) so band pulled out all the stops and did an absolutely rockin' show. No rants from Astbury about himself or the band, just one about how Newcastle used to be a bit wild in the old days, to which the scariest mosh-pit (can you call it that at a Cult gig?) broke out and pints were flying everywhere ... then the band went into the next song.

Ho-hum, a good gig in the end but at the prices the Carling charge for drinks if we'd know they were coming on so late we'd have got there 2 hours later than we did!

Oh and it was a sell out ... plus that shade of purple is not a flattering colour for anyone to wear. Purple's cool but not that shade!

Been, seen, got the setlist, that'll do me now.

:lol: