The Darkness - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us

Aug 14, 2008
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned that The Darkness has reunited and is putting out a record this year! Here's the new video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhgNW-l2Ys&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I wasn't a fan of the 2nd album, but Permission To Land was a classic I'd say. This new song has a Foo Fighters atmosphere, but is musically closer to Permission To Land than it is to One Way Ticket, so I am pretty amped suffice to say!

What do you guys think?

I am the other way round to you a bit. I liked the second album more than the debut. I thought it was more mature sounding to my ears. Although I know the first album had bigger hit singles, but overall I like One way ticket better. Anyway I love the new track. Don't hear the Foos in there myself though but maybe I need to listen again. People have been mentioning the usual Lizzy and Queen references and I agree with them in the main. I don't think The Darkness can ever getaway from those comparisons even if they tried. By the way did you listen to the Hot Leg album that Justin did? There was some very fun Queenish tracks on there.

I am the other way round to you a bit. I liked the second album more than the debut. I thought it was more mature sounding to my ears. Although I know the first album had bigger hit singles, but overall I like One way ticket better. Anyway I love the new track. Don't hear the Foos in there myself though but maybe I need to listen again. People have been mentioning the usual Lizzy and Queen references and I agree with them in the main. I don't think The Darkness can ever getaway from those comparisons even if they tried. By the way did you listen to the Hot Leg album that Justin did? There was some very fun Queenish tracks on there.

The last few tracks off of One Way Ticket were great, but the first half was utterly unmemorable and boring I thought. And c'mon, as much as I really am feeling the new track, I can't help but imagine "THEEEREE GOOOES MYYY HEEEROOO" in the background, haha. But not hating at all. I definitely like that song and can't wait for the record.