THE DEFILED: 'As I Drown' Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"As I Drown", the new video from the London, U.K.-based modern metal mob THE DEFILED, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's second album, "Daggers", which was released on August 2 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment. The cover artwork was designed and executed by Scott Chalmers, the band's longtime photographer.Comments THE DEFILED keyboardist The AvD: "'As I Drown' was one of the first songs written for this album. We had been playing it live for more than a year before we even booked the studio to record 'Daggers'. It's about a certain record company executive that brought THE DEFILED to a stand still for whole year. THE DEFILED is the most important thing in our lives so we took that very seriously."Adds THE DEFILED frontman Stitch D: "We shot this video in a mountain range in the north of England in the middle of winter. The wind was insane to the point of constantly blowing the drums and amps over even though we used rocks to hold them down. It was a fun day shooting but a very tough one." Having released its debut album "Grave Times" via Metal Hammer magazine in 2011, THE DEFILED has since enjoyed status as the U.K.'s biggest unsigned metal acts. Making huge strides forward on their own, their achievements as a self motivated and independent band in the world of heavy music, which includes sold-out tours, prestigious slots at the biggest festivals and a Golden God Award, is remarkable. Their unwillingness to compromise or settle for anything less than their ambition dictates has got them this far; this alliance with indie metal powerhouse Nuclear Blast Entertainment now sets the sky as the limit.

More...