THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: 'War' Video Released, 'Zombie 5 Tour' Announced

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"War", the new video from metal titans THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, can be seen below. The clip was helmed by director Maria Juranic, who also worked on the band's clip for "First Sight". The track is taken from the band's fifth studio album, "8:18", which sold around 16,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 20 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD arrived in stores on September 17, 2013 via Roadrunner. THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA has announced details of a spring headline tour, dubbed the "Zombie 5 Tour", presented by Rockstar Energy Drink. The trek — which will see THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA playing the "Zombie" EP in its entirety each night along with other fan favorites — will feature support from BORN OF OSIRIS, THE WORD ALIVE and SECRETS. The coast-to-coast trek gets underway March 15 in Nashville, Tennessee at Rocketown and continues through April 16, wrapping up at the House of Blues in Chicago, Illinois. Tickets for all dates will be on sale Friday, December 19. Frontman Mike Hranica commented, "When we started discussing the idea of playing the 'Zombie' EP front to back, it was clear and evident that the five year anniversary would be the perfect time to commemorate. "I love seeing old records and releases performed and celebrated years after their release, and with that I know how excited we are to announce the 'Zombie 5 Tour'." Following the U.S. tour, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA will gear up for a performance at Rock On The Range in Columbus, Ohio. Long acclaimed as among one of the most potent and provocative bands in modern American metal, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA made a massive leap forward with "8:18". The album — executive-produced by KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's Adam Dutkiewicz and produced by the band along with producer/engineer Matt Goldman (UNDEROATH, THE CHARIOT) — sees the group driving its relentless sonic approach with more might than ever before, giving extreme power to vocalist Mike Hranica's grim, emotional lyricism. In a January 2014 interview with Loudwire, Hranica stated about the lyrical inspiration for "8:18": "I don't think it's too much of a departure from what I've been drawn to as far as darker stuff — more misery and depression. I've always felt an immediate draw to that and I know that within our music, misery has the strongest impact compared to something brighter and warmer. I just wanted to hone in on that and use the same tools within the stuff that I do. Within the things that I read and what not I'm very drawn to mediocrity, monotony and just ordinariness — it's just all of those things that has been a part of my writing and taste in general. With '8:18', it's built off of suffering and looking at suffering from all different perspectives." THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA's "Zombie 5 Tour" with BORN OF OSIRIS, THE WORD ALIVE and SECRETS: Mar. 15 - Nashville, TN - Rocketown Mar. 17 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall Mar. 18 - Salt Lake City, UT - Murray Theater Mar. 20 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon Mar. 21 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre Mar. 22 - Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades Mar. 24 - Las Vegas, NV - Hard Rock Live Mar. 25 - Phoenix, AZ - Nile Theater Mar. 27 - Dallas, TX - The Door Mar. 28 - San Antonio, TX - The Aztec Theatre Mar. 29 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live Mar. 31 - St. Petersburg, FL - State Theatre Apr. 01 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Revolution Live Apr. 03 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade Apr. 04 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theater Apr. 06 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Soundstage Apr. 07 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts Apr. 08 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom Apr. 09 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza Apr. 10 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium Apr. 11 - Montreal, QC - Corona Theatre Apr. 13 - Toronto, ON - Danforth Music Hall Apr. 14 - Rochester, NY - Anthology Apr. 15 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Smalls Apr. 16 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
devilwearszombie5tour.jpg

More...