The Dreamreader cover !

Dan Swanö;8465079 said:
I think I will revisit some of the TBS stuff again. There are a few undeveloped ideas on that one or songs that didn´t turn out anywhere near what I had in mind....but when u have a week to write record and mix...you kind of go with the flow:)

Man this gets me excited... I really hope that you have a week to do that:). One of the best albums I've ever heard so all remakes are welcome to me, even though TSB is perfect:).

Dan Swanö;8465079 said:
Cool!! Always good for the ego when people cover my stuff!!!! I think I will revisit some of the TBS stuff again. There are a few undeveloped ideas on that one or songs that didn´t turn out anywhere near what I had in mind....but when u have a week to write record and mix...you kind of go with the flow ;)

Alright! The Breathing Shadow is one of my favorite albums. Hearing reworks or recordings of any of those songs sounds like a great idea! I would buy that.:heh:

A rerecording of that entire album would be awesome, just to have it in the newer style, but the original is STILL the best ever.

Dan Swanö;8465079 said:
I think I will revisit some of the TBS stuff again.

great, it will be superb to listen to the remake of TBS which has awesome melodies and soundscapes. can't wait to hear it :) personally, i would prefer a more metal sounding remake of Gypsy Eyes ! :OMG:

hehe... i was very pessimistic about this one, but it actually turned out to be a very nice cover. Congratulations for pulling it off. :)

Wow.. Incredibly well done man!!! You even sound slightly like Dan in the vocal department.. Nightingale cover band in the works? haha

Great cover, great vocals, great sound! Good job :headbang:

hehe... i was very pessimistic about this one, but it actually turned out to be a very nice cover. Congratulations for pulling it off. :)

Wow.. Incredibly well done man!!! You even sound slightly like Dan in the vocal department.. Nightingale cover band in the works? haha

thanks for your nice comments guys ! actually i (we) am not a band, my friend Levent sends me the midi drums over the internet (we live 400 kms apart), and i do the rest. my next swanö cover will be "Uncreation" and i'm really excited about that, because it's a very extraordinary song ! after that one, i also plan making covers of some Edge Of Sanity (probably Black Tears) and Unicorn (At the end of the bridge) songs too :loco:

i hope i can handle those as i did with The Dreamreader ;)

This is great. This has tremendous flow and groove. I know this is not the style you're going for, but I think your vocals would sound amazing with more vibrato.

Edit: Holy shit. I'd never heard of Nightingale before, and why don't they have any reviews on metalcrypt? O_O I love this.

You know, I really like your "favorite" Dan Swano songs. Uncreation and Black Tears are my two favorite songs (not just heavy metal, but of any genre) of all time. It's good to see how Swano's music has had such wide reach, even if there haven't been masses of people listening to this music. I grew up in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and you're a Turkish fellow. How about that? Just goes to show what an amazing mind Dan has... and your covers are really good! Do you make any of your own music? Not to say that I want the covers to stop, but just wondering.

You know, I really like your "favorite" Dan Swano songs. Uncreation and Black Tears are my two favorite songs (not just heavy metal, but of any genre) of all time. It's good to see how Swano's music has had such wide reach, even if there haven't been masses of people listening to this music. I grew up in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and you're a Turkish fellow. How about that? Just goes to show what an amazing mind Dan has... and your covers are really good! Do you make any of your own music? Not to say that I want the covers to stop, but just wondering.

yeah, music is the common point that makes people come together, as it is gathering us in this forum, and yeah Dan has an incredible talent that amazed me since i listened to his songs for the first time back in 1993. it's really something good that people can share and talk about their similar interests even if they are far apart from each other like you and me, thanks to technology, internet and also Dan :) i really like this !

yeah, i also make my own music (not for a while though) with some friends, but never been able to stick to a commercial band since i'm a dentist. it is really hard studying and practicing it, i got lots of work to do, so i can only spend my spare times at nights to make music, and covers were the best way to satisfy my music making needs ;)

you can check out a very few of my own stuff at www.myspace.com/eastofthesuntr

you can also check my older covers from various genres at
www.myspace.com/mycopycattr

thanks for your interest :)

:headbang::headbang::headbang: