The Eagles at Encore Park- 5/14

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Cindy & I ventured down to the new venue last night to see the opening night of the Eagles U.S. tour. How would I describe the band overall? Pure class. They were amazing once again last night. While each of the guys are masters in their own right, it's simply magic when you put them together on stage. There is not a better harmonizing band on the planet. Period. They were tight and the sound was excellent.

Glenn & Timothy were rock solid. Don sounded better than he *ever* has. And Joe...well Joe is Joe....and Joe is God. Never forget that. Everyone else can have Petrucci, Romeo, Vai, Malmsteen, etc. I'll take Joe. His charisma and talent continue to make him the fan favorite and highlight of the show. When Joe takes the microphone, all of us guys that have sitting on our ass all night immediatley get up and start shaking our groove thang.

The setlist:

Set One
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

Intermission

Set Two
No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Take It to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Walk Away
Witchy Woman
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

First Encore
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

Second Encore
Take It Easy
Desperado (That's how you end a show!)

A few notes about the new Encore Park:

*It's beautiful. I could not get over how awesome it was.

*$8 beers.

* ALWAYS SPEND THE EXTRA DIME ON PREMIUM PARKING. I had no clue about it when tickets when on sale months ago. It wasn't even open so I didn't think it a big deal. Well, it's a total clusterfuck if you don't. If you don't spend the extra money, you have to park in Lot N...that is about 3 miles away from the venue and catch a bus over. The problem is that:

1. It's not a true big parking lot. Security and police essentially take over the private parking lots of all the office buildings on the block. The herd you through them once one fills up.
2. There are 7 different roads that I counted leading into the same parking line for Lot N. That means you get held up forever as police let all the lines go to keep cars off the main roads. It took us 45 minutes to go 1/2 mile and get parked.
3. The shuttle ride over is not a big deal. The lines move fast as people have been arriving over many hours. However, imagine about 8,000 people being sent to a single line to get on a bus after the show all at once. It was a nightmare. It would have taken at least an hour to get back to your car if you waited in that line. We walked down the hill and flagged a taxi. It cost me $20 to get back to my car and it was worth every cent.

I can't believe they have, what, 4 sold out shows in Atlanta? Sounds like a great show with a very good setlist. Unfortunately, I won't be attending any of their shows.

Thanks for the tips on the venue. I'll make sure to do that.

no "Already Gone"? thats always been one of my favorite Eagles songs. Great setlist though!

Eight songs from LROoE. That means we lost a few gems like Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone, etc, etc. It's ok though. Walks in the Woods & Waiting in the Weeds were done acoustic to open the 2nd set and erased any bitterness I had for not hearing the old stuff.

Eight songs from LROoE. That means we lost a few gems like Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone, etc, etc. It's ok though. Walks in the Woods & Waiting in the Weeds were done acoustic to open the 2nd set and erased any bitterness I had for not hearing the old stuff.

the title track off the new album is another great one, I was glad to see it in the set!

I am taking my wife to the Garden in two weeks. I was lucky that I carry American Express, because if you did not, guarandamtee you that you were screwed once the pre-sale was over. I got two seats upstairs on the aisle (seats 1 & 2 dead center). I could have gotten 2 seats in a row where I could have seen Joe Walsh sweat. But $450 for 2 was a bit steep. So, we go party upstairs.

BTW, thanks for the setlist, Glenn. It will be one hell of a show. :)

Still hoping they add some California dates....can't imagine why they wouldn't.

.....that setlist is SICK.

Witchy Woman = ridiculous high note harmony.......

What an amazing setlist! Of course, this IS the Eagles, who have more popular radio hits than God. :lol:

Also, thanks for the heads-up about parking, Glenn! I'll be seeing Rush there in July and I'm considering a parkign upgrade....although I'm also hoping they iron out some obvious parking problems between now and then. :bah:

As far as I can tell you can't get an upgrade for the Rush show. They just give you a parking ticket when you buy your ticket (maybe they offered the upgrade initially, but there isnt' anything for that right now).