The End Records!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul - Sorry bro. I guess I should have thought a bit before slamming Lordi. Though, when they were signed by THE END, it was a major head scratcher!! Though what do I know? All their signings seem to be getting more and more recognition so their branching out seems to be working.

I think TER has their own forums... which are probably trafficked by staff/street team/ultra-mega-super high level TER fanboys only. Personally I'd pay to be here because it's got more of an old school "hanging out by the bar and trying to be heard over shitty local band that may or may not be covering Cannibal Corpse" feeling.

But yeah... in TER's defense... the starting point of this thread was 100% against the most basic principles outlined in my old street team propaganda package. Mind you I quit two years back due to not having enough time/money to promote things I didn't listen to. (And it took them over a year to stop sending me packages despite my follow up "DUDES THE PACKAGE HOLDING ALL THE CRAP YOU SENT ME IS NOW BOWING OUT MY SHELVES!!!! PLEASE STOP!!!!" letters)

But yeah I don't really like most street teams these days. It's transitioned from semi-guerilla style promotional warfare by exceptionally passionate people to sponsored mindless zombie whoring in exchange for free shit. I mean at least before when some squeaky kid ran up to me to say "OMG OMG OMG LIKE SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS THIS BAND WITH A DEMO AND THEY ARE AWESOME" they meant it. Now... it's like they spout lines from a one sheet and can't answer questions of any kind but they most certainly <3 that guestlist slot and the 350,000 stickers holding their piece of shit first car together. That's why I'm trying to talk some people into starting a Zimmer's Hole performance art brigade before any sort of formal street team launches...

I got nothin' against street teams, our label, or any of the bands that they're trying to promote. I just thought it was pretty funny that some brand new guy comes in, spams the forum with it, and then on top of it doesn't even get our fucking initials correct. lol. "What forum is this again? Who are these guys? Novembers What?? Oh who cares *posts thread*" That's how it comes off.

I got nothin' against street teams, our label, or any of the bands that they're trying to promote. I just thought it was pretty funny that some brand new guy comes in, spams the forum with it, and then on top of it doesn't even get our fucking initials correct. lol. "What forum is this again? Who are these guys? Novembers What?? Oh who cares *posts thread*" That's how it comes off.

Yep, that's exactly how it came off. Too bad, because of this guy's actions, I really have no desire to check out the band now. So, as I see it, TER shot themselves in the foot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.