The 'Fart' Of Metal Shredding Perfected In New Video From DECREPIT BIRTH Drummer

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Drummer Samus Paulicelli of California technical death metallers DECREPIT BIRTH has recorded a two-minute metal song featuring his own farts as the lead "instrument" Samus swears that "every fart you hear is real and came from my own butthole." Check out the accompanying video clip below.In a 2007 interview with Sick Drummer Magazine, Paulicelli stated about his musical upbringing: "According to my parents, I have been drumming since I was in diapers. Before I discovered METALLICA and SLAYER when I was ten years old, I was playing basic rock stuff like LYNYRD SKYNYRD/ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND. When I was fourteen, I discovered 'double bass.' I was listening to bands like DREAM THEATER and SLIPKNOT. I then discovered blast beats, etc., when I was seventeen and I heard drummers like Nick Barker [and] Derek Roddy. Black metal pretty much changed my life. I also play jazz/fusion-type stuff, but it's never as much fun as blasting my ass off."

More...