the fastest, heaviest glam bands?

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
I heard Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" on the radio recently, and was kinda surprised at how much ass Van Halen could kick. I usually pass up the glam genre because of how boring, "safe", and watered-down most of the music is. But if there were a glam band that sounded as fucking pumped as that Van Halen song, I'd totally listen to them.

So... what are the most brutal, heavy, Motörhead-ish glam bands out there?

Twisted Sister, by far. They really shouldn't even be considered Glam. Also early Skid Row.

Celtic Frost - Cold Lake

:lol: No thanks.

Thanks for the recs so far guys. Been meaning to listen to Crue and Sister for a while now, I just keep putting it off for some reason. I hadn't thought of WASP and Skid Row, though.

Please tell me the rest of Twisted Sister's stuff doesn't sound like "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock"...

Try RATT - they kick ass!

...so does early Def Leppard, like High N Dry and Pyromania. Brings back memories...I lost my virginity to Pyromania.

:lol: No thanks.

Thanks for the recs so far guys. Been meaning to listen to Crue and Sister for a while now, I just keep putting it off for some reason. I hadn't thought of WASP and Skid Row, though.

Please tell me the rest of Twisted Sister's stuff doesn't sound like "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock"...

It's a mixture on their albums... but listen to everything from their debut up to Come out and Play... anyways I like those two songs you weenie... :kickass: I like metal anthems... anyways a similar band is Quiet Riot (Metal Health album is a good start)... both bands I don't consider glam though... just regular metal... as for Skid Row.. get their Slave to the Grind album...