The Final Metal Zone

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
This weekend they laid Dr. Metal's show to rest with the final edition of the Metal Zone. It was hosted by Lou Brutus a former WHJY DJ and current host of the nationally syndicated Hard Drive.

What he did was spend the week before the show getting phone calls from a veritable who's who in metal to help get mini-interviews reminicing on the Doctor and what he meant to the metal scene.. I missed the first 15-20 minutes or so because of getting a cab drive back from the civic center. However, I do know they opened with "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and I believe one of the first people they interviewed was Lars. Here's a list of everyone I can remember from after I got back and started listening.

Gene Simmons, Ronnie James Dio, James Labrie, Mike Portnoy, Corey Taylor, Joey Jordinson, two other guys from Slipknot, the guitarist from Godsmack, Geoff Tate, Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard, Dave Mustaine, Glen Tipton, Bruce Dickinson, John Bush, Bobby Blitz Ellseworth, Eric Adams from Manowar, Dee Snider, and Max Cavalera.

It was truly a classy program ending with some of Doc's best station id's including Jenna Jameson, Eric Adams holding a high note for almost a full minute, and Ozzy. Then they put a clip on the end of his traditional ending "Headbangers Keep it Loud, Keep it Heavy and Always Remember, Heavy Metal Forever" and the last song of the night was the Fade to Black tribute they put together with clips from his last overnight show.

it was overall a pretty awesome tribute.