The First 'Robotic' Guitar

Its pretty damn cool. It tunes itself, winds the strings up automatically, and has an intonation guide to tell you which direction to turn the screws. And the price isn't much more than a standard les paul

Not sure how playable that would be, though, given how much of a pain in the ass it already is to get even remotely balanced tension... and don't get me started on playing 9-42s in Drop D...

Oh, well. On the bright side, maybe this will start a trend of new Gibsons actually staying in tune...

Jeff

Not sure how playable that would be, though, given how much of a pain in the ass it already is to get even remotely balanced tension... and don't get me started on playing 9-42s in Drop D...

Oh, well. On the bright side, maybe this will start a trend of new Gibsons actually staying in tune...

Jeff

I agree with the playability aspect. We all know how alternate tunings can whack our guitar's playability. So even if the Gibson has the savable preset
ability, changing between presets 'on the fly' would probably not be a good idea.

The Gibson website is saying that most Guitar Center stores are carrying these, so will have to try one out. The only thing about test driving guitars at Guitar Center is that they do a crap set up on guitars.

Again, I dont think I would buy a 'gimmick' guitar like this, but who knows, it may be really sweet. It also may be the wave of the future.

(thanks for fixing my post Steve, I'm new:err:)

I agree with the playability aspect. We all know how alternate tunings can whack our guitar's playability. So even if the Gibson has the savable preset
ability, changing between presets 'on the fly' would probably not be a good idea.

The Gibson website is saying that most Guitar Center stores are carrying these, so will have to try one out. The only thing about test driving guitars at Guitar Center is that they do a crap set up on guitars.

Again, I dont think I would buy a 'gimmick' guitar like this, but who knows, it may be really sweet. It also may be the wave of the future.

Actually, to me, if this guitar is able to change tunings "on the fly", perfectly, this could be a cool thing..... though I would much rather the technology be on a BC than on a Gibson, but hey....:lol::headbang::headbang::headbang:

No problem man! It was just a double http thing!:lol::headbang::headbang::headbang: