The Firstborn - New song online

Mindwalker

New Metal Member
Following last year's well-received album "The Unclenching of Fists" (see review HERE), we're hard at work preparing a new album, to be called "The Noble Search".

You can now listen to one of the new songs, named "Water Transformation", at the band's MySpace profile. It's just a very rough pre-production demo, but it's sounding good enough (by our standards, at least) to be heard.

It won't be online for more than a week or two, as it is only a preview.

"As trees bear fruit, may these words bear the fruit of a good karma."

Namaste,

We have a new album coming up this year, named "The Noble Search".

Recordings are set for September, and hopefully it'll be out before the year ends... if we manage to get someone to release it by then, that is.

We are fortunate enough to have many people contributing to this record, of which these names are already confirmed:

Santiago Dobles (guitar player for prog-metal band Aghora and Cynic)
Alan A. Nemtheanga (singer for the Irish Primordial)
Proscriptor (singer/drummer with the almighty Absu)
Mirai Kawashima (singer/multi-instrumentalist from Japanese pioneers Sigh)
Albert Kuvezin (singer/multi-instrumentalist from Siberian Folk-Rock group Yat-Kha)

We're still waiting on some confirmations regarding the studio we'll use, but (all going well) it should be quite the surprise for some.

Both the studio we'll record in and some of the participations are still pending on financial issues between myself and the gentlemen at the bank who will own my soul forevermore. Good thing Buddhism doesn't really advocate the existence of a soul, per se.

As for what matters the most, the music has evolved into something a bit moodier than the material featured in "The Unclenching of Fists"... the writing process has changed a bit, and I think that will show in the end.

As for the lyrical aspect, it is based on the Buddhist Scriptures and their multiple (and often colliding) paths to Enlightenment.

Further tidings are to be expected soon enough.

Until then,

Keep on reaching for the Perfection of Wisdom.

MySpace