The Foxx Club

The Foxx Club...hmm...that either sounds like a place I'd expect to be owned by the late, great Red Foxx, a strip joint or both!

Am I needed early again? I don't get off work until 5 p.m. See ya on Saturday! :)

More CO2! New hoses! No more BOOM! The hoses were still new at the Smoke Out, that's why they didn't go BOOM. Mark trimmed the hoses for a one time only use at the last show in the opening tune, but someone else (no names, please - haha!) set those guys off again when Mark was taking photos during the set, all with good intent, but not knowing they were guaranteed to go BOOM! I still shudder every time those suckers are about to go off!!!! We'll see about tomorrow night with some test runs at home tonight. If you guys hear a sonic BOOM in the San Fernando Valley tonight or feel a mild tremor, it's just us testing the CO2 tanks!!!!!!

The boom was loud. But that crowd seemed really nuts. Trying to push me over the monitor. Iwas lucky enough to be in front though. So I am well pleased. and thanks to the guy behind me who shielded me from the crowd. :-D

Originally posted by Georgemcfly4
The boom was loud. But that crowd seemed really nuts. Trying to push me over the monitor. Iwas lucky enough to be in front though. So I am well pleased. and thanks to the guy behind me who shielded me from the crowd. :-D

HAHAHAHA... MCFLY!!! I think that person shielding you was my buddy Bryon (I'll pass your thanks to him). Both of us were telling stories after the show on how we were both battling off people. I too was in the front, but left of you. It really was nuts. The fans were literally climbing on my back and I had to keep poking at them with my elbow and/or shoving them to get rid of them, but they just kept coming back. One time I rocked my head back only to hear a solid "KONK" from my back of my head when it connected solid to somebody (I'll assume their face/chin/forehead...I don't know, but it was a solid connection). To whoever the person was, sorry, but next time stay off my back! The C02 boom was no doubt loud and obviously a boom not expected. I do hope the maidens are able to fix the problem and use it again on future indoor shows because the blast of C02 is not only cool for visual and sound, but for us fans that are sweating hot, the "cool" blast really feels good!

When the Maidens were setting up on the NYE gig, I noticed a certain apprehension while the CO2 was being set up...

I said to JoJo "I sense a certain fear of CO2 tanks..." and she agreed/laughed...